The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i rekon the hienemann books are gr8 they do one for each syllabus. also the oxford book covers all syllabuses.
If you also want a very good revision book...get this (below), it covers all the specifications and is very good at teaching you the key points and in the exam you can just expand on it.

"AS and A LEVEL ECONOMICS, THROUGH DIAGRAMS"

By Andrew Gillespie
Reply 3
what o you think of "Economics" by Alain Anderton..or "The Economy In Focus" ..same athor??
Reply 4
hr712
what o you think of "Economics" by Alain Anderton..or "The Economy In Focus" ..same athor??

economics by alain anderton is a text book tho.
hr712

Yeh i use the Alain Anderton one and its brilliant. It goes into a bit more detail then you need for as-level but is very good. I thought it was just for OCR, but he might have written one for Edexel.
Reply 6
I dont think that its specifically written for any exam boards.
Reply 7
I hated the Anderton book which is why I went out and bought the hienemann one.
TheWolf
I dont think that its specifically written for any exam boards.

woops yeh your right, i was refering to the one by Colin Banford which is v. good.
Reply 9
so now if i get the Alain Anderton book i won't have to study the whole thing right?!i mean it has both AS an A levels...but how am i going to find the AS related topics!!
Reply 10
it's like 800 pages!!!!
Reply 11
ppl i have one more questions :smile:..i found that there are two releasing dates fot the book "Economics" by alain anderton...2000 and 2004 so does that mean that the 2004 one is a newer edition??there's also a book called AS economics by alain too..what do u think of that one?
Reply 12
anyone?!
Reply 13
Yea get the AS one.
Reply 14
is it for a certain examining board?!coz am doing edexcel..
Reply 15
No it isnt, but it should include all the stuff you need for edexcel.
Reply 16
The best one is published by the FT Prentice Hall, and is written by John Sloman

Essentials of Economics
Reply 17
we ahve been given the old anderton one by our econ treacher as out txt book,hardly used it last yr, or this yr. when wed did i hated it. think its better as a book end.

the economics through diagrams ir really gd
Reply 18
how about the phillip allen books?

they and thin but to the point with exam questions! they seem really gud so far for me!

Latest

Trending

Trending