The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Clearing at DMU 2023

Hello students/applicants,

I hope you are all having a lovely summer! We've definitely had some beautiful weather recently!:shades:

How is it July already? This year is going so fast! So I thought I would give you some information about Clearing at DMU.

As you might already know "Early Early" Clearing has been going on since the 12th June and hopefully some of you have been getting onto the process and any offers made are added via UCAS Extra.

It is important to note that "Early" Clearing will commence on the 5th July which isn't far away! However if you miss this then no fear, main clearing begins on the 17th August which as some of you may know is A Level results day so good luck to you all!

If you are asking yourself: so what actually is clearing?:hmmmm: Then you have come to the right post!

At DMU we want all students to have the chance of experiencing the great teaching we provide! Everyone should get the opportunity to have the University experience. Our website has some more information for you: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-study/clearing/clearing.aspx

Clearing is for applicants who:
> Didn't meet the conditions of any offers they received in cycle
> Didn't receive any offers
> Declined a firm (first) place choice
> Have decided to apply late to university (after 30th June)

You have plenty of time to go through this process if you need too! You can phone up 0116 257 7000 :call:if you wish to apply and I wish you the best of luck and we hope to see you all at DMU in September!

You can also WhatsApp our team on 07970 655 800 :gthumb:

For those awaiting results, good luck I am sure you have all done so well! Enjoy your summer holidays, make the most of the nice weather:flower:

Best Wishes,
Tianna :smile: (& the team!):party:

Check out our 'What is Clearing?' guide by our Schools & Colleges Team, and colleagues, here:
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Hey guys!

I booked an accommodation for this year and next in Leicester but I’ve decided to stay home. If there is anyone who is interested in coming to Leicester for uni, I have an accommodation available for £115 per week. It is a classic ensuite in town if anyone is interested. Thank you so much!
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Hi all! How are you doing? :biggrin:

As we get closer to Results day and Clearing continues, I thought I'd pop another message here to invite you to ask any questions or voice any worries, so that we can try our best to help you feel more prepared for Clearing and possibly starting Uni this September!:elefant:

This is your space for all of those FAQ's and if you're considering whether Clearing is for you or you'd like to join us here at DMU:hmmmm:

Here are a few places to begin if you're wondering what is Clearing? Can I still apply for University? How do I enter Clearing on UCAS?

The above post goes through how to contact our Clearing and Enquiry Team - even just for a chat about the process - we're happy to help!:flower2:

Here are some more links that may be useful and goes through a bit about clearing:
UCAS Terms And Abbreviations Explained | UCAS
Clearing FAQs (dmu.ac.uk)

As we know, starting Uni is a big step and of course can be nerve-racking, so here are a few links to our Socials to begin making those connections with future classmates!

Socials - The best place to start for any Uni is on their social media channels! See the groups that are organised for your starting date or for your programme and you'll be sure to find out more info and like-minded people in preparation for working and studying together on campus when you start. Being on TSR, too, you're already on your way! Our socials are linked on our website here: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/general/social-media-links.aspx

TAP (The Ambassador Platform) - This is a platform for a great insight into current student's lives at DMU. What do they get up to and what is there that you can plan to engage in for your arrival? Our amazing student ambassadors are also available to chat too for queries about their course (they might study what you're heading towards!) or generally student life in the City of Leicester:cool:

Fire away with your questions!

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending