The Student Room Group

Failed exams, but can I apply to resit uncapped?

I've failed my final year uni exams but have also been diagnosed with a mental illness after the exam period which I feel has affected my performance. Would I be able to apply to have my resits uncapped even though the diagnosis came after the exams?
Reply 1
Original post by Polo101011
I've failed my final year uni exams but have also been diagnosed with a mental illness after the exam period which I feel has affected my performance. Would I be able to apply to have my resits uncapped even though the diagnosis came after the exams?

Well, it depends on your university's policy to consider your mental illness since it happened after the exam. Even if they don't consider your illness, they might let you resit. But the best thing is you should consult with your progress coach or personal tutor about it.
Reply 2
You can appeal as long as it's within the specified time limits as set by your uni's regulations. You could argue that when the assessments were undertaken there were extenuating circumstances which impacted on your academic performance but you will need to explain why this wasn't flagged at the time and has only come to light now. You will have to provide solid evidence to show that this is the case - an official dated medical / professional letter confirming diagnosis at the minimum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending