The Student Room Group

choosing firm

choices:
- pwc flying start accounting at queen mary (AAA)
-warwick global sustainable development and business studies which is a 50/50 split between both departments (A*AA)

pros of warwick:
- social life +events
- highly reputable
- amazing campus

pros of qm:
- 12/15 exemptions from ICAEW accounting exams and fully qualified chartered accountant a year after the course
- london is a nice location

please could i have some advice on which one to choose
Reply 1
Are you keen to be an accountant? That seems to be the first question to ponder.

Secondly - how do you feel about living and studying in London?
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
Are you keen to be an accountant? That seems to be the first question to ponder.

Secondly - how do you feel about living and studying in London?

1) honestly, i’m not sure but ik if i go warwick and then want to become an accountant i will regret not going qm

2) idm living in london. the main thing is i’ve lived here my whole life so it wld be nice to have a change.
Reply 3
Original post by hiiii.123456
1) honestly, i’m not sure but ik if i go warwick and then want to become an accountant i will regret not going qm

2) idm living in london. the main thing is i’ve lived here my whole life so it wld be nice to have a change.

Honestly - sounds a really tough decision. I’d be pretty even if I were you. Could you post a link to the course at Warwick?

I think that had it been me when I was 18 I would have liked someone to encourage me to think about how my life would look under each option.
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Honestly - sounds a really tough decision. I’d be pretty even if I were you. Could you post a link to the course at Warwick?

I think that had it been me when I was 18 I would have liked someone to encourage me to think about how my life would look under each option.

https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/schoolforcross-facultystudies/gsd/prospectivestudents/undergraduate/jointhonours/gsdbusiness/

i knowww, i am struggling choosing between the two. i need to make a decision by 8th of june latest.
Reply 5
Will think! Will try to make some notes when I’m at home and not typing on a phone.
Original post by ajj2000
Will think! Will try to make some notes when I’m at home and not typing on a phone.

Hi there! That sounds like a really tough decision to make, what did you end up deciding and how did you end up coming to that conclusion?
Reply 7
From a pure reputation point of view, Warwick wins hands down over QMUL any day of the week. Far more prestigious. Check out the Canary Wharfian site for more insider info

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending