The Student Room Group

Business TAX AAT

On the final hurdle of AAT with just the business tax unit to sit but I am finding it very dull and struggling to find the motivation to study.

Ay tips?
Original post by Rachel52
On the final hurdle of AAT with just the business tax unit to sit but I am finding it very dull and struggling to find the motivation to study.

Ay tips?

I haven't specifically done AAT, but I have studied tax.

To my understanding, tax is usually more about memorising the proformas and rote learning. If you remember what the steps are and how to carry out the calculations, you should do fine.

Tax is not one of the most interesting subjects, but it involves quite a lot of the calculations. So long you have enough practice, you should be able to pass. I recommend working on questions, and where you fall short highlight what you need to refer to and make notes on it.

If your study strategy involves reading through passages, trying to remember everything, and trying to absorb what the textbook dictates, anyone would be bored out of their minds. Work on the applications and less on parroting the theory.
Reply 2
Remember your goals. Why are you studying for the AAT? What do you hope to achieve by passing the Business Tax unit? Keeping your goals in mind will help you stay motivated when the going gets tough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending