The Student Room Group

English lang igcse edexcel 2023 - thoughts & feelings

Does anyone have a hunch what might come up?

It’s often Thoughts & Feelings

But what has it been in previous years??

Predictions or shortlist would be great.
Original post by Jules1066
Does anyone have a hunch what might come up?

It’s often Thoughts & Feelings

But what has it been in previous years??

Predictions or shortlist would be great.

Don't trust gut feelings. Try to look over everything at this point. The lit paper was not what people expected as they used candy for the OMAM section (AGAIN!!) and they used "search for my tongue" and "half- caste" (again!!! :frown:).
Our teachers came up with a short list but the exam board are totally unpredictable.
They say that because "A Passage to Africa" (side note 1- I LOVE THIS TEXT PRAYING IT COMES UP BUT ALSO such a sad and very serious text) and "Polo with headless goat" haven't shown up before in the UK those texts have a "higher priority" and the second priority text would be "the explores daughter" as it hasn't been used since 2019.
The texts that have been used twice and fall on the bottom of their list are "H is for Hawk" (side note 2- I really dislike/hate this text :biggrin:) and "Explores and boys messing about". HOWEVER, the exam board love to be sneaky. They love to do what they want and they don't careeee...so ultimately LOOK OVER ALL TEXTS AND DON'T BE FOOLED as they fooled us in the lit exam.
If you want me to say the full predictions list or show you what my teacher's list looks like I can say!!!

Ok happy revising

Quick Reply

Latest