The Student Room Group

HELP! panicking because I didn't sign my GCSE biology paper!

Basically, I have just done the biology paper 1 for GCSE (Tuesday), and I had filled everything else out on the front (name, surname, centre no, candidate no) but I forgot to put signature. I'm with the AQA exam board, and I didn't make the same mistake on my chemistry so they have got a signature.

Is this the end of the world? I'm panicking that they are going to refuse to mark it? I have very distinctive handwriting; and we already know that the papers have already been sent from my school.

please help :frown:
its fine they will identify you by you candidate number and name
Original post by T2002
Basically, I have just done the biology paper 1 for GCSE (Tuesday), and I had filled everything else out on the front (name, surname, centre no, candidate no) but I forgot to put signature. I'm with the AQA exam board, and I didn't make the same mistake on my chemistry so they have got a signature.

Is this the end of the world? I'm panicking that they are going to refuse to mark it? I have very distinctive handwriting; and we already know that the papers have already been sent from my school.

they shouldnt be too harsh. have u tried talking to the school?
You will probably be asked to sign it soon. They generally don't send off unsigned papers.
Reply 4
Original post by anonymous69gcse
they shouldnt be too harsh. have u tried talking to the school?

Yeah I had told them, apparently I'm not the only one that has made the mistake, but they have already been sent off :frown:
Original post by T2002

the school checks your papers before sending them off - if anything on the front appears to be wrong they'll notify you to come sign it at lunch or something
Reply 6
Original post by halimah786
its fine they will identify you by you candidate number and name

Aw thanks so much, just panicking a little aha
I think you only sign it if you want to appeal for it when you get your results.
You will still get a mark !
Original post by T2002
Aw thanks so much, just panicking a little aha

yh AQA confirmed on their twitter its calm
Reply 9
Original post by halimah786
yh AQA confirmed on their twitter its calm

Have they? could you send me the link? that would be amazing!
at my school, all the papers were checked before they were set off so that the teachers could be sure everybody had filled in the front
Original post by T2002

I did the same thing for my exams last week have you gotten any solid answers from your school or something because I’m worrying aswell
Reply 12
Original post by Woahthatsalot
I did the same thing for my exams last week have you gotten any solid answers from your school or something because I’m worrying aswell

Nope, got nothing. if I'm honest I feel like they will still mark them, I don't think the examiners would be that harsh and I'm pretty sure a lot of people done the same thing :smile: theres still hope, have you spoken to your school?
Original post by T2002
Nope, got nothing. if I'm honest I feel like they will still mark them, I don't think the examiners would be that harsh and I'm pretty sure a lot of people done the same thing :smile: theres still hope, have you spoken to your school?

Spoke to someone today they said it’s alright it doesn’t matter
Reply 14
Spoke to someone today they said it’s alright it doesn’t matter

thankyou so much!

i’ve literally just don’t that so i was wondering if you could tell me what happened with yours
Original post by ihateexamsxx
i’ve literally just don’t that so i was wondering if you could tell me what happened with yours

ye i did the same, spoke to the person who deals with sending off the gcse papers for marking and she said it doesnt matter at all
Original post by Aqua12345
ye i did the same, spoke to the person who deals with sending off the gcse papers for marking and she said it doesnt matter at all

did it get marked?
Reply 18
Original post by T2002

Hi, I know this is ages after but did your paper still get marked?

Quick Reply

Latest