The Student Room Group

Saw my ex

It's a fairly recent breakup and I'm not entirely sure if it is a complete breakup.

But saw my ex in town today, one of those where we didn't interact, we were across the road from one another so could've easily not seen each other.

I wasn't sure he'd seen me, but he texted me straight away saying he'd seen me.

Does this mean anything or does it literally mean he just saw me? And do I reply? I literally have no idea what to do, probably overthinking it all.
I would just keep it casual, asking what he did today and see how the conversation develops from there...
Reply 2
Original post by taylor2317
I would just keep it casual, asking what he did today and see how the conversation develops from there...

I don't know tif hat would be a good response to be honest. I could just reply and see if he keeps the convo going or not, but I don't know if that's wise as we both agreed to giving each other space.
May I ask who instigated the breakup and giving each other space?
Reply 4
Original post by taylor2317
May I ask who instigated the breakup and giving each other space?

Him, but then we have had subsequent conversations when I've said I think we both need space. So I have no idea why he's the one messaging me when it's what he wanted?
Reply 5
please don't continue a conversation. it ended for a reason and as hard as it may be you do not want to go back to something that clearly wasn't meant to be even if it is on his end.
Reply 6
Original post by bsg2088
please don't continue a conversation. it ended for a reason and as hard as it may be you do not want to go back to something that clearly wasn't meant to be even if it is on his end.

The thing is I don't think either of us believe it wasn't meant to be. We both have very strong feelings for each other, he just had a bit of a wobble.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending