The Student Room Group

Grades

If I needed a BBB/MMM for my chosen course, does me getting ABC or DMP still give me a chance of getting in?
Since the A would make up for the grade C, and the D (Distinction) would make up for the P (Pass)
Original post by Syed998
If I needed a BBB/MMM for my chosen course, does me getting ABC or DMP still give me a chance of getting in?
Since the A would make up for the grade C, and the D (Distinction) would make up for the P (Pass)

Unless you have been made a points offer the answer is no. You have been made an offer based on specific grades and that is what you need to achieve. If you dont meet the terms of the offer it is a matter whether they choose to accept you and many will.
Original post by Syed998

Unless stated on your offer universities don't see ABC as equivalent to BBB so it would be up to them and the performance of your cohort if they let you in. Although Universities depending on the course and the competitiveness of the university quite often people do get in if they miss their grade requirements by 1 or 2 or if they get a variation of the grades required.
Reply 3
For ALL unis, this is an essentially impossible question to answer.

It will depend on the results everyone else gets, and how many of them meet their offer conditions, and how many spaces, if any, are left. The Uni then has to decide if they will accept any 'near miss' to fill those spaces or if they want the orignal offer grades from potential Clearing applicants. All of this is totally impossible to predict in advance so all you can do is do your best, cross your finders and hope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending