The Student Room Group

Would my exams be considered?

I’ve done 8 papers so far and I did almost all of them in black gel pen. I found out today that Gel pens weren’t allowed. I’m so scared. Would my exams be marked ? Im an IGCSE Edexcel student .
Original post by amyks
I’ve done 8 papers so far and I did almost all of them in black gel pen. I found out today that Gel pens weren’t allowed. I’m so scared. Would my exams be marked ? Im an IGCSE Edexcel student .

they wont not be marked because you have done them in that pen just try to do the rest of them in the correct pen type
Reply 2
Original post by user123456324
they wont not be marked because you have done them in that pen just try to do the rest of them in the correct pen type

Oh noo but do you think they are allowed ?
And they can’t make any exception at all ??
Reply 3
They won’t be marked at like at all ? They won’t even be looked at ?? Please tell me I’m so sad like it wasn’t messy or anything and it’s black ink there’s no litter or anything

Original post by user123456324
Original post by amyks
They won’t be marked at like at all ? They won’t even be looked at ?? Please tell me I’m so sad like it wasn’t messy or anything and it’s black ink there’s no litter or anything

i think you read it wrong, they said it won't NOT be marked x
Reply 5
Original post by amyks

They only say that because gel pens might smudge or be difficult to see after they’re scanned. As long as they can read it - they’ll be marked.
Reply 6
Yeah, the whole point of the only ink or ball point pens (black) is so that when scanning, your response is recorded as accurately as possible to send off to the examiners. I doubt it should be an issue, but the ink from a gel pen might seep through the paper and cause damage. If you had a good enough quality pen it might not do that but just be cautious for any future exams and stick to a ball point! But yeah, they'll still be able to read it most likely and they'll try their best to mark it too so don't worry about it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest