The Student Room Group

GCSEs in 3 days

My GCSE Biology exam is in 3 days. I haven’t really covered most of the stuff as I was revising for maths. My current grade is a 4/4 and I want a 7/7. I am probably going to pull all nighter to revise. For those two days I will learn the content and then do past papers and questions on the last day. It take a long time to learn just one topic for me does anyone have like a way to remember the content quickly? I learn the content but when I do exam style questions or past papers I keep getting the answer wrong because there are a variety of questions. Like I was doing a question yesterday and the answer was simple but I made the answer more difficult it was 3 marks aswell. Since it was 3 marks I thought I need to be a good answer?
Reply 1
For the questions you get wrong use flashcards. Put the question you got wrong on one side and on the other put the answer. When you are revising used spaced repetition. So you should revise for 1 hour and take a 10-15 min break. Then you could study a different subject and come back to Biology. Good luck with your exam.
Original post by suzy23
My GCSE Biology exam is in 3 days. I haven’t really covered most of the stuff as I was revising for maths. My current grade is a 4/4 and I want a 7/7. I am probably going to pull all nighter to revise. For those two days I will learn the content and then do past papers and questions on the last day. It take a long time to learn just one topic for me does anyone have like a way to remember the content quickly? I learn the content but when I do exam style questions or past papers I keep getting the answer wrong because there are a variety of questions. Like I was doing a question yesterday and the answer was simple but I made the answer more difficult it was 3 marks aswell. Since it was 3 marks I thought I need to be a good answer?

Pulling an all nighter will actually hinder your revision as you need sleep to actually memorise content.

A 3 mark question will want three points to describe or explain depending on the question, and I think that is more important than it being (in your words) 'a good answer'

Quick Reply

Latest