The Student Room Group

Should I bother applying for jobs when I am just going to decline at the last minute?

I don't think I am ready for work to be honest, I got an advisors opinion on this. They say a part of me is ready and I get ready for work and everything but another part of me isn't and I am jumping between that and based on my mood I decline at the last minute. The difference between me and my 29 year old brother is he isn't applying for any jobs and he's used to being unemployed whereas I am applying for jobs, getting offers and if there is something I don't like about the job I decline (tends to be location being the biggest factor). Is going for job interviews and applying, getting offers and accepting then rejecting based on my mood better than sitting around doing nothing at all? Or is it better to sit around and do nothing while I address the underlying issues?
Original post by Anony345533
I don't think I am ready for work to be honest, I got an advisors opinion on this. They say a part of me is ready and I get ready for work and everything but another part of me isn't and I am jumping between that and based on my mood I decline at the last minute. The difference between me and my 29 year old brother is he isn't applying for any jobs and he's used to being unemployed whereas I am applying for jobs, getting offers and if there is something I don't like about the job I decline (tends to be location being the biggest factor). Is going for job interviews and applying, getting offers and accepting then rejecting based on my mood better than sitting around doing nothing at all? Or is it better to sit around and do nothing while I address the underlying issues?

You need to address the underlying issues, obviously. That doesn't mean you have to sit around and do nothing though, there's plenty you can keep your time occupied with, volunteering, further study, keeping fit etc.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
You need to address the underlying issues, obviously. That doesn't mean you have to sit around and do nothing though, there's plenty you can keep your time occupied with, volunteering, further study, keeping fit etc.

I won't ever get over the underlying issues though.
Original post by threeportdrift

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending