The Student Room Group

How to get an A/A* in History?

It's so hard I find it unfathomable. There is SO much content and the mark schemes are so specific it's insane. I go to the Mark Scheme and I see a bunch of random names that aren't even mentioned in my textbook and specific details of specific events. I don't get how it's possible to memorise not only all that content but all the random details. Any advice is appreciated. I do AQA but any advice is still welcome.
(edited 10 months ago)
Are you in upper or lower sixth?
Original post by euwni
It's so hard I find it unfathomable. There is SO much content and the mark schemes are so specific it's insane. I go to the Mark Scheme and I see a bunch of random names that aren't even mentioned in my textbook and specific details of specific events. I don't get how it's possible to memorise not only all that content but all the random details. Any advice is appreciated. I do AQA but any advice is still welcome.
Reply 2
Upper.. I might need to retake lol
Reply 3
Original post by euwni

Heya!
A-level history can be challenging due to the extensive content and the specificity of the mark schemes. To manage the workload, create a structured study plan and break down the topics into smaller sections! Focus on understanding the broader themes and concepts, rather than trying to memorise every detail. Use a variety of resources, such as textbooks, documentaries, and online articles, to gain a well-rounded understanding of the subject :h: Practice analysing and evaluating historical sources to develop critical thinking skills. If it helps, Study Mind has free resources you can use!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest