The Student Room Group

Mental and physical health deteriorated completely, anywhere that can fix me?

Hi,

Long story short I was sectioned last year and put on antipsychotics, I then took myself off the drugs and I’ve been on and off since… been unstable. All my muscles have withered away and I’ve experienced extreme memory loss. I’ve also been having sleepless nights and heart problems.

I have money and I’ve left employment… my sole focus right now is my health, but that’s easier said than done. I feel too tired to do anything and when I do push myself I feel extremely disorientated as my eyes have also been effected and my nervous system. I feel like a skeleton.

Is there any private institutions, in the UK or abroad… that I could go to that can improve my overall wellbeing in a long-term stay. I’m really desperate and really do feel like I’m dying.
Hi!

Thanks for sharing your issue. In your case, it is very important to be with someone who cares about you. Please do not spend too much time alone, otherwise you might start creating visions in your mind that are hurtful for you (such as you are dying, or you are skeleton). Please reach out for help - first someone who is close to you and who cares about you. Then you can also join talking therapies - NHS offers them for free. Sometimes when you let everything out, it might help your situation, just do not be afraid to share it. If the money is not issue for you, just google "private mental health institutions UK", and choose the one with good reviews. In the meantime until your treatment starts, try to look after your wellbeing as much as possible - simple walking or yoga helps, try to eat healthy and drink plenty water.

I hope I could help at least a bit.

Lucie, PhD student
Cranfield university

Quick Reply

Latest