The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 1
Sorry I'm not a RnB/reggae/hiphop fan but that's all they seemed to play in Ritzy. Can't stand the stuff but a few years ago it was really one of the only clubs in Lincoln with students in it.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Lincoln is poor for clubbing for a place of its size especially if you're into dance and electronica. Apart from Ritzy's im struggling. Oh, there's the Engine Shed if you're into indie but I don't class it as a club, it shuts too early.
You're lacking in imagination people above:

Ritzy's has 3 big floors of; Cheese, Dance and R&B, full of locals.
Scream plays mainly Indie and Chart, couple of exceptions.
The Engine Shed plays different stuff nightly; from Electro, Dance to R&B.
The Cell plays indie, electro, r&b, live music.
Sakura plays some of the above too.
Sugacubes plays rock and things like that from what I gather.

Then pubs and bars like Revolution, Glasshouse, Lloyds, Walkabout, Essence, Shotz and Varsity (etc.) that play mostly chart/dance.
Reply 4
thanks for the reply everyone xx
Ul be alright in Ritzys. Though personally I cant stand the place. Sakura and The Cell ftw!
Reply 6
[QUOTE='rach [shikari]']Ul be alright in Ritzys. Though personally I cant stand the place. Sakura and The Cell ftw!

okay thanks :yep:
Reply 7
noonespecial
You're lacking in imagination people above:

Ritzy's has 3 big floors of; Cheese, Dance and R&B, full of locals.
Scream plays mainly Indie and Chart, couple of exceptions.
The Engine Shed plays different stuff nightly; from Electro, Dance to R&B.
The Cell plays indie, electro, r&b, live music.
Sakura plays some of the above too.
Sugacubes plays rock and things like that from what I gather.

Then pubs and bars like Revolution, Glasshouse, Lloyds, Walkabout, Essence, Shotz and Varsity (etc.) that play mostly chart/dance.

Sugarcubes is scary now. Years ago it was a dive that was full of druggies, now it is full of sweaty people who like wearing leather and they all seem to be bi-sexual.
lincs_b
Sugarcubes is scary now. Years ago it was a dive that was full of druggies, now it is full of sweaty people who like wearing leather and they all seem to be bi-sexual.
Oddly enough the two people I know who regularly go there are heavily pearced, leather wearing bisexuals. Everyone's got their clique I suppose. :laugh:
Ive been a few times, I quite liked it but then I have a really random mix in music. Never been on a tuesday though
Reply 10
Cubes on a Tuesday is more of a club mix now, but they are willing to play ANY requests.
For r'n'b and the like, the cell on Fridays (usually) and Ritzy's (mainly up on top floor fridays and saturdays)

Latest