The Student Room Group

Panicking - failing A-levels

I’m retaking my a-levels and I’m on a gap year. I severely underestimated how hard A-levels are and I’m panicking that I’m gonna get a B again or lower this year. I was revising here and there since February but not properly and I don’t know what to do. I’m retaking biology and chemistry. Biology paper 1 went okay but chemistry paper 1 was horrible and I think I got like 40%. My offer for my firm is 2 As and I just hate myself so much for not being more organised and disciplined. I honestly loathe myself and I feel really depressed and anxious. Can someone give me some direction please ? I am trying to do as many past papers as I can.
Reply 1
Literally in the same boat as you. I think best thing to do is talk to ur college about it? Idk myself tbh...
Reply 2
You need to rest for real it sounds like you’re on a path to a burn out, if u stress more. Getting your desired results is not the end of the world believe me. There’s foundation years or directional courses that you can pass in order to get into ur desired course. For real it’s going to be okay, but I’m sure you’ll get the results you want either way im sure you put in all your effort believe me 10 years down the one you’re gonna look back and think how silly it was to stress. You’re good I promise.
Reply 3
Original post by adyysonline
Literally in the same boat as you. I think best thing to do is talk to ur college about it? Idk myself tbh...

I’m retaking independently there is no college
Reply 4
Original post by K4m1lk4
You need to rest for real it sounds like you’re on a path to a burn out, if u stress more. Getting your desired results is not the end of the world believe me. There’s foundation years or directional courses that you can pass in order to get into ur desired course. For real it’s going to be okay, but I’m sure you’ll get the results you want either way im sure you put in all your effort believe me 10 years down the one you’re gonna look back and think how silly it was to stress. You’re good I promise.

I’m just gonna focus on memorising the content tbh and then looking at filled out past papers.
Reply 5
Original post by jubnatan
I’m retaking my a-levels and I’m on a gap year. I severely underestimated how hard A-levels are and I’m panicking that I’m gonna get a B again or lower this year. I was revising here and there since February but not properly and I don’t know what to do. I’m retaking biology and chemistry. Biology paper 1 went okay but chemistry paper 1 was horrible and I think I got like 40%. My offer for my firm is 2 As and I just hate myself so much for not being more organised and disciplined. I honestly loathe myself and I feel really depressed and anxious. Can someone give me some direction please ? I am trying to do as many past papers as I can.

Have you worked hard for it? That is the most important thing.
Reply 6
Original post by Maybach.
Have you worked hard for it? That is the most important thing.

not as hard as I should have i underestimated how hard they are :frown:
Reply 7
I’m just gonna focus on memorising the content tbh and then looking at filled out past papers.

yuh try watching videos aswell there’s amazing content on yt
I’m retaking independently there is no college

How much did you pay to do it independently? Or like how did u do it?
Reply 9

Hello if u don’t mind me asking how is everything going and what do u recommend if retaking because idk still
Reply 10
Did everything turn out okay

Quick Reply

Latest