The Student Room Group

Work experience for finance/economics.

Hi, I'm coming to the end of my gcses and I'm thinking about work experience in summer. Is there any good work experience for finance/economics that will help me enter a good university like LSE or Warwick?
Look on the big firms' websites.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Milkanifier
Hi, I'm coming to the end of my gcses and I'm thinking about work experience in summer. Is there any good work experience for finance/economics that will help me enter a good university like LSE or Warwick?

Typically pre-university work experience doesn't make a big difference in university applications. They care far more about your academics naturally - and often pre-uni internships aren't open to everyone so are not often used heavily in the admissions process. But it can be helpful on filling your personal statement out a bit and linking what you've learnt on a-levels to the real world.

But pre-uni internships do help when applying for summer internships/graduate schemes when at university. It's rare to find a formalised internship scheme for those who aren't in year 12/13 yet, it's likely only smaller local firms offer these. Most banks offer sixth form schemes, though sometimes these are only targeted at those who fill diversity requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending