The Student Room Group

Anyone want to just rant about how they're feeling today?

Poll

How are you feeling today?

Hi, I'm making this so you can just write about anything you're dealing with or are stressed about, or even just chat about something good that happened to you. I'm doing this because I often find it gets a lot off of my chest when I just speak about whatever I'm going through, and I thought that you might want to too. I know other people do this sort of thing as well, but I just wanted to make one that I could chat with people, to relieve my stress, and anyone else's if I can. I'll try my best to help, even if I have no experience in whatever it is! Hopefully I have some common sense :h:

p.s. anyone know how to get rid of the poll? its too big
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I go to boarding school and I am going home today. I' have finished all my A Level exams.

However, I am feeling stressed about it. I won't see my girlfriend for a while and my family life stresses me out a lot. I prefer being at school rather than at home. To add to the stress we will be moving house which will make my parents more stressed than usual.

I feel bad because I should be looking forwards to going home, however I'm going to be stressing about it all day
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I go to boarding school and I am going home today. I' have finished all my A Level exams.

However, I am feeling stressed about it. I won't see my girlfriend for a while and my family life stresses me out a lot. I prefer being at school rather than at home. To add to the stress we will be moving house which will make my parents more stressed than usual.

I feel bad because I should be looking forwards to going home, however I'm going to be stressing about it all day

So is that for the whole summer (~10 weeks)? That does sound tough. I know how you feel when you say about preferring to be at school, at home I'm constantly having to tread on eggshells. I go to a normal school so I can't relate much about the boarding school thing. But just try to relax I guess. Since you haven't seen your family in a while you'll probably have some space given to you right? You could try to start on a good footing and take the stress off of your parents by helping out with the move, it'll give you something to do, and they'll be grateful for it (hopefully).
Don't feel bad about not looking forward to going home. Humans tend to dislike things that are outside the normal and cause stress for them. Like I many times don't really like going on holiday (at first) because of all of the hassle and stuff. You've spent a long time at the boarding school, with your friends and teachers, and your classes, your girlfriend, your regular routines, and your being at home at school basically, and now that's ended you'll have to create a new normal, like we did with Covid I guess. Just settle in, and create a normal routine again.
Sorry I can't really give advice about your girlfriend, since I have zero romantic experiences, and I don't want to mess things up. I've seen/read enough romantic stories to know that. (I'm not saying your romantic life is anything like a drama or anything but I really don't want to mess things up )
So yeah just relax. Do little things that make you happy (like me right now with some Boba tea which I love), and remember that you'll get through it! Time is time, and as long as you don't approach the speed of light, it'll pass and you'll get past any problems you have .

Congrats on finishing your A-Levels by the way!!! You should be proud of yourself just for that. I know somewhat of how much hard work you've put in because I just finished my GCSE's today (yeah I know A-levels are a ton harder, and yeah I know I'm 16 giving life advice to an 18 yr old on stuff I've never experienced, but I hope it helps, since I'm just coming with common sense stuff, I think so anyway, call me out on it if its not).

Just curious, what A-levels did you do? I'll be taking Computer science, Maths, and Physics. Do you know any tips on them (or A-levels in general) that'll help me get good results, especially revision techniques? Thx, and remember you'll be fine! :h:
(edited 10 months ago)
So tired and it’s only 8.30am
Reply 4
Original post by ebyrne2036
So tired and it’s only 8.30am

I think we all have those days. I'm a bit late replying so I hope you managed to get through the day without falling asleep while crossing the road or something :biggrin:.
Getting a good amount of sleep is important!!! (unless you're a teenager who have unlimited amounts of energy due to being young/prideful/used to it) Edit: (But even then it's important!!!)
(edited 10 months ago)
Mashle!
Question: is your name inspired by the anime, Mashle and magic?
I've been wanting to ask you that for a while:biggrin:
Reply 6
Oh hi!
Well of course it is, I absolutely love it (watched all the episodes so far and the whole manga so far it is amazing, and it's the authors first manga as well, I don't know how he did it so good and get an adaptation!). :biggrin:
Shame is, I've never had a cream puff before :frown:

I would have put Mash, but that was taken.

p.s. I hope you don't take offence, im not copying you here I just was inspired by what you do and thought maybe I can have a go at this too. Tho now that I say it, it sounds alot like im copying you. Sorry
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 7
Yeah this month is obnoxious.
Reply 8
Original post by xox416
Yeah this month is obnoxious.

Oh sorry to hear that. Would you like to elaborate on that?

If not, remember that you'll get through it, it won't lost forever, as long as you keep your eyes on whatever goal you have in mind you'll make it through whatever is clouding your life. Think of it like a light in a dark night

And if you don't have a goal, make one! Even if it's short term, like "I want to complete this assignment as best as I can and get an A on it", or even "I want to make sure I stay awake in class" (tho that one can be achieved by getting enough good sleep). I hope you get through it!
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Mashle
Oh hi!
Well of course it is, I absolutely love it (watched all the episodes so far and the whole manga so far it is amazing, and it's the authors first manga as well, I don't know how he did it so good and get an adaptation!). :biggrin:
Shame is, I've never had a cream puff before :frown:

I would have put Mash, but that was taken.

p.s. I hope you don't take offence, im not copying you here I just was inspired by what you do and thought maybe I can have a go at this too. Tho now that I say it, it sounds alot like im copying you. Sorry

lol dude!! its totally ok.
If anything I'm just surprised I hadn't seen this sooner. Wish I had. It looks like fun!
I wanna contribute too:
let's see...

I think I might be coming down with something, but it's still kinda mild so Im still good.
I slept way too much today so I feel kinda groggy and light headed.
I'm currently having a sing along with my siblings. We're listenin to songs from the greatest showman!
And I have a tonne of research work to do but I'm hyper-organised so I'll manage!

And I love Mashle and Magic too. I wish I could reach his kind of fitness!!!!
(edited 10 months ago)
BTW, you're doing a great job. I'd give each of your responses a rep point if that was allowed
Reply 11
Original post by PiltoverQueen
BTW, you're doing a great job. I'd give each of your responses a rep point if that was allowed

Aw, me too thanks, I appreciate that. All I'm doing is giving what I think is common sense (wherever that exists in this world XD)

lol dude!! its totally ok.
If anything I'm just surprised I hadn't seen this sooner. Wish I had. It looks like fun!
I wanna contribute too:
let's see...

1) I think I might be coming down with something, but it's still kinda mild so Im still good.
2) I slept way too much today so I feel kinda groggy and light headed.
3) I'm currently having a sing along with my siblings. We're listenin to songs from the greatest showman!
4) And I have a tonne of research work to do but I'm hyper-organised so I'll manage!

And I love Mashle and Magic too. I wish I could reach his kind of fitness!!!!

Right ok. I've labelled them 1 to 4 so let me start:
1) Try drinking plenty of water and also try taking some vitamins like vitamin C and D, as well as Zinc, as that helps boost your immune system I think (at least that's what the internet says and also what my mum gives me or my bro whenever we get a cold so yeah). Also try having ginger honey lemon tea. Literally cut a bit of ginger (peel it, and not too much, maybe 1cmx4cm strip), put it in a tea cup, add a bit less than half a lemon (squeezed obviously), or half if its a small one, pour in a bit of water, and then fill the rest of the way with boiling water, and stir with a teaspoonful of honey, and leave for 5 minutes. Enjoy! (this can be done without ginger, especially if you don't like it since its super strong, but really does help). In the meantime, try not to sneeze in anyones face :biggrin:.

2) Oh yeah that's nasty, I do that a lot now that I've got so much time on my hands. Try drinking some water, and do some star jumps or some other exercise like that to wake your body up and get the blood flowing. Do NOT sit down on the sofa for ages and read a book. First get your body to realise it's actually alive and moving, then you can. Otherwise it'll be on sleep mode all day basically.

3) OooOOooOOooh, I love the songs. They're catchy. Normally I don't like musicals but TGS was one I actually liked, especially since dancing and singing is the idea of a circus, so it wasn't out of place. We actually sung one of the songs (can't remember which tho now) in yr6 for the leavers assembly. We also sung Once I was Seven Years Old, which got a few kids in my class crying (mainly the girls, no offence but that's what happened. I teared up a little myself). Which song is your fav from TSG? I think mines A Million Dreams. Anyway, I hope you had fun with your siblings (younger or older, just curious, I have a 2 yr younger brother, annoying as ********** XD)

4) I'm really bad at being organised. I never did make a revision timetable for my GCSE's which might of been a mistake. Being able to stay organised really is a good quality to have (I mean I keep my desk organised sometimes, but thats not the same). You're doing A-Levels, or something equivalent right? So you're doing an amazing job researching for WW&W's, while still being a great student (I hope). That is amazing I think, and I'm sure you'll do great in whatever you choose to do in the future. :smile:

It's kinda embarrassing, but that anime is part of the reason I started exercising. Well, a small reason, sort of. As in it got me thinking about how much more I could do if I was fitter and stronger. I did not believe I could get to a trillionth of his strength, which while sad, is realistic (if you read the manga you'll see his "Punch Squared", which is explained in the spoiler section:

Spoiler

Actually now that I think about it, its more like a trillion trillionth is still out of reach but whatever XD

Thanks for contributing! Getting praise from you, who does such an amazing job, really is something to someone like me, so thank you!
Hey! Just wanted to give you an update

1) I've gotten worse. I don't think it's flu though. I've heard a rumor that there's a new strain of covid in Uganda but it could just be a rumor. Lot's of kids have been getting sick though. Also, I am drinking tons of water and eating plenty of oranges. I already like ginger and lemon tea, even without being sick so drinking more of it is totally fine by me

2)I like to take walks with my little sister on my back around the house. It's fun, counts as exercise and it helps me wake up. So I'm good on that front.

3)My fav TGS song has to be the one in the beginning where he's imagining his own circius. It's so upbeat and fun. You can't help dancing to it. A Million years is beautiful too. And I was obsessed with Once I was 7 years old for a long time! I cry when I hear sweet music. I'm the oldest and I have 5 younder siblings. Two bros and three sisters. Our house is LOUD!

4) Being organised makes me feel like I'm heading in the right direction and it gives me structure, which isn't easy to get when you homeschool. I'm actually doing my IGCSEs, kinda like you! You're doing your GCSEs, right? Mine is the international version of that. I'm NOT a straight A student. I'm actually kinda average. I used to worry that would mean I was dumb but I've been engaging in a lot of activites that more or less required the stuff I learnt from school (kinda like this informal article writing) and I'm learning that I was never dumb, just bad at school. I haven't been to an actual school in three years now. I also have only three months to study for my IGCSE in Oct/Nov so being hyper organised is an essential to make the most out of my days. Though now that I'm sick I'm going to have to ditch the schedule for a while so I can get better.

It's not embarrasing to be inspired by an anime. Mashle's level of fitness makes me want to work harder too. And I love how indifferent he can be while still also being polite. I wish I could be like that too instead of letting little things get to me.

I'm not a manga reader, just an anime watcher so I didn't really get your 'Punch Squared' thing.

This is a learning process for both of us. I'm glad I found someone suportive like you. I'll have your back too when you need it!
Reply 13
Hey! Just wanted to give you an update

1) I've gotten worse. I don't think it's flu though. I've heard a rumor that there's a new strain of covid in Uganda but it could just be a rumor. Lot's of kids have been getting sick though. Also, I am drinking tons of water and eating plenty of oranges. I already like ginger and lemon tea, even without being sick so drinking more of it is totally fine by me

2)I like to take walks with my little sister on my back around the house. It's fun, counts as exercise and it helps me wake up. So I'm good on that front.

3)My fav TGS song has to be the one in the beginning where he's imagining his own circius. It's so upbeat and fun. You can't help dancing to it. A Million years is beautiful too. And I was obsessed with Once I was 7 years old for a long time! I cry when I hear sweet music. I'm the oldest and I have 5 younder siblings. Two bros and three sisters. Our house is LOUD!

4) Being organised makes me feel like I'm heading in the right direction and it gives me structure, which isn't easy to get when you homeschool. I'm actually doing my IGCSEs, kinda like you! You're doing your GCSEs, right? Mine is the international version of that. I'm NOT a straight A student. I'm actually kinda average. I used to worry that would mean I was dumb but I've been engaging in a lot of activites that more or less required the stuff I learnt from school (kinda like this informal article writing) and I'm learning that I was never dumb, just bad at school. I haven't been to an actual school in three years now. I also have only three months to study for my IGCSE in Oct/Nov so being hyper organised is an essential to make the most out of my days. Though now that I'm sick I'm going to have to ditch the schedule for a while so I can get better.

It's not embarrasing to be inspired by an anime. Mashle's level of fitness makes me want to work harder too. And I love how indifferent he can be while still also being polite. I wish I could be like that too instead of letting little things get to me.

I'm not a manga reader, just an anime watcher so I didn't really get your 'Punch Squared' thing.

This is a learning process for both of us. I'm glad I found someone suportive like you. I'll have your back too when you need it!

1) Oh, sad to hear that. Well, hopefully you get through it fine, especially if its that rumoured new strain, tho if you managed with the first ones, you'll probably be fine. To be honest tho, I didn't realise so many people knew about ginger lemon tea, I thought it was something that my mom got from her mom and so on, but I've been hearing about it a lot recently, so I guess its not just my mom XD

2) Oh that's cute, and it sure does count, that's literally a 20- idk 40? kg weight, so good job!

3) Oh yeah that's a good one too. Yeah and nice music like that has that effect on people. Sometimes, some songs which I don't even understand (cause being an anime fan I listen to Japanese music obviously :biggrin:, tho not just the themes but general music as well) I still understand by the tone or something that that's enough to make me feel the song I guess. Good music is like that. BUT HOW DO YOU MANAGE WITH SO MANY SIBLINGS?!?!?!?! I barely manage with one (and he's the second most annoying person I know)!

4) Well, I've done my GCSE's. I finished them last Friday and I've been free ever since (Physics was a breeze, a nice one to finish on). International version tho? I wonder what the differences are. It's fine if you're average. As long as you put in the work in what matters to you, you'll be able to go forward on whatever you want to do (I think). So say since I like computing, I'll put lots of work into that, and ill at least pass. Unlike those kids who don't even open their paper (I'm not kidding, there were kids in my exam hall who didn't like the paper subject so either never opened the paper or answered 0-3 questions, and they boasted about it, the idiots). They are the ones who won't get anyway.
So no, you are not dumb, most definitely not. But wow, 3 years not in school. I cant really imagine that, even tho covid happened. I wish I was as organised as you, such that you can be prepared for iGCSE's in 3 months!!! But I hope you get better soon.

Heh, Mash is hilarious. Straight face digging a teacher into a hole and only realising afterwards he might be in s***. Thats part of the charm. Also, he revenges upon anyone who dares squash any of his cream puffs. Just Adorable. But yeah, it would be nice if we could be able to just focus on what we want to do without annoying things getting in the way.

I'll explain the punch squared thing in the spoiler block again:

Spoiler

I'm glad too, thanks!
Having many siblings is exhausting! And you can't really have anything made of glass lying around the house or it will break sooner or later. And food never really lasts long. It also gets really loud here and the fights for the t.v remote can get violent!
Aside from that we actually have a good time with each other. We play the wierdest games and if you were new to our dynamics you'd probably think we hated each other cuz we swear and have the wierdest fights (my bro and I like to have these wrestling matches where we tickle each other but we also scream and spank each other. its crazy!)
Many siblings is a double edged sword.

I think it's cool that you know your anime!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 15
Having many siblings is exhausting! And you can't really have anything made of glass lying around the house or it will break sooner or later. And food never really lasts long. It also gets really loud here and the fights for the t.v remote can get violent!
Aside from that we actually have a good time with each other. We play the wierdest games and if you were new to our dynamics you'd probably think we hated each other cuz we swear and have the wierdest fights (my bro and I like to have these wrestling matches where we tickle each other but we also scream and spank each other. its crazy!)
Many siblings is a double edged sword.

I think it's cool that you know your anime!

IT SOUNDS EXHAUSTING (and expensive)
Tho the games sound fun, tho I would lose immediately cause I am super, like suuuuuupeer ticklish, anywhere, not just my ribs or neck.
A netherite double edged sword, sounds like, honestly.:confused:

And thanks, usually I think people who like anime or manga are made fun of (if other people know about it), especially since I think people add the wrong labels to it sometimes, but there's all kinds of manga and anime, just like any other entertainment, so its unfair. So its nice to see someone who doesn't think that thx :smile:
Oh yeah. All these mouths to feed (keep in mind we have picky eaters here, except me, I'll eat anything except spagghetti) things tend to get pricey. Especially since we all have different interests and its only me and my bro who own laptops. He doesn't share but I'm kind of a push over so they spend a lot of time on my laptop.

I am the champion tickle wrestler but if my bro (the first one) ever joins the game I'm doomed and I sound lke a yelping puppy when I beg for mercy! I can beat my second bro though easy peasy!

I got into anime through Avatar the Last Airbender. I've always thought those anime coseplayers and guys who could tell you entire timelines were really cool!
Reply 17
Irritated AF
I'm in that weird space after A-levels when you don't know whether to celebrate or cry about how you did on the exams.
Reply 19
Original post by toxicgamage56
I'm in that weird space after A-levels when you don't know whether to celebrate or cry about how you did on the exams.

lol same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending