The Student Room Group

Why is it so hard to find part-time jobs for the summer?

I have sent out hundreds of applications for months. Every time I do an interview, they state that they are looking for 6 month contracts or full-time. I really want a job for the summer, but I'm finding it impossible to land one. My friends are also struggling to find jobs. I do get responses from jobs, but their requirements tend to not match the job description they have written. Also, almost every job requires experience, mostly at least 1 year of experience in that sector... how do I get experience if I can't land a job?

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
sorry about that

Original post by strawberrybanana
I have sent out hundreds of applications for months. Every time I do an interview, they state that they are looking for 6 month contracts or full-time. I really want a job for the summer, but I'm finding it impossible to land one. My friends are also struggling to find jobs. I do get responses from jobs, but their requirements tend to not match the job description they have written. Also, almost every job requires experience, mostly at least 1 year of experience in that sector... how do I get experience if I can't land a job?

Original post by strawberrybanana

i would look into more local companies like small cafes and such as they are more likely to hire someone with little experience
also it may help if you have some volunteering or something on your cv showing you can be committed
My daughter started in an independent cafe with a zero hours contract, just to get something on her CV.
It was easier after that, she moved into some national chains in both food & retail companies wanting extra staff in the holidays.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending