The Student Room Group

Solicitor apprenticeship/ degree apprenticeships in general!!!

Can someone let me know the key things i need to know before considering a degree apprenticeship (except for the obvious) but more detailed things like accommodation maybe???
Reply 1
Original post by bsg2088
Can someone let me know the key things i need to know before considering a degree apprenticeship (except for the obvious) but more detailed things like accommodation maybe???

I'm going for an interview for an apprenticeship in a few weeks!

Regarding accommodation you will have to rent privately if you don't live with your parents and pay your own bills if they aren't included in your rent.

You also have to consider what you want regarding education and your career. If you want to go into academia (like research) an apprenticeship won't make it impossible but it will be harder and if you stick with the same uni for undergrad and postgrad you can get alumni discounts.

I had an apprentice explain what their experience was like which makes me confident in doing it. The main thing is to check the salary against the real living wage as 15k may sound like a lot to someone who's lived with family their whole life but it isn't enough to survive comfortably.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending