The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Applying to Imperial again

So my exams were cancelled due to the coronavirus. I had an offer to Imperial and it was my first choice, I was sure I was going to meet the offer of A*AA. My predicted grades were A*A*AA. However at the end of the year, the grades I got were ABCC and after they changed they were A*ACC. I was still declined my place but I am retaking the Physics as I dont believe I would've gotten a C. I am aiming for an A in physics.What I'm worried about is that when I apply to Imperial again, they're going to reject me because of my C in physics, even though I'm retaking the year. I was definitely sure that I would've gotten an A if I sat the exams and I did get an A in the latest mock exam before the pandemic. What do you think Imperial would do? What should I do? I want to apply to UCAS soon so I can get it out of the way.
What’s your chosen course? Can you call imperial and ask? I know that some courses (like medicine) they’re saying that they’re happy to hold offers for students who missed their grades and are planning to resit so although they have to reapply through ucas they don’t need to retake aptitude tests or interview again, they just need to get the required grades
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by AnnaBananana
What’s your chosen course? Can you call imperial and ask? I know that some courses (like medicine) they’re saying that they’re happy to hold offers for students who missed their grades and are planning to resit so although they have to reapply through ucas they don’t need to retake aptitude tests or interview again, they just need to get the required grades

I'm applying for Electrical and Electronic Engineering. I'm thinking of emailing the admissions office and seeing what they think. I'm just worried that they won't consider me this time.
Reply 3
Original post by idksomething
I'm applying for Electrical and Electronic Engineering. I'm thinking of emailing the admissions office and seeing what they think. I'm just worried that they won't consider me this time.

Contacting admissions is your best bet. They're the only ones who know for sure.
hey, i missed my medicine offer this year at imperial too (idk if EEE r doing smthg similar to med or not). i was told that i could resit subjects and the offer would be honoured for next year regardless of what happened this year. good luck :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by sometimeslight
hey, i missed my medicine offer this year at imperial too (idk if EEE r doing smthg similar to med or not). i was told that i could resit subjects and the offer would be honoured for next year regardless of what happened this year. good luck :smile:

Sorry to reply to an old thread, how did everything go? Did you get in? And how did the process work? Is it more of an informal promise and you still had to reapply?
Reply 6
Original post by Nighthawk01
Sorry to reply to an old thread, how did everything go? Did you get in? And how did the process work? Is it more of an informal promise and you still had to reapply?

I had to reapply. But I didn't have to do an interview, they just used the same details as the previous application. They increased my entry requirement from A*AA to A*A*A but I got the grades and am now finishing 2nd Year :smile:
Reply 7
I had to reapply. But I didn't have to do an interview, they just used the same details as the previous application. They increased my entry requirement from A*AA to A*A*A but I got the grades and am now finishing 2nd Year :smile:

Well done, those are amazing grades to achieve! I might not get the grades I need due to a bad mental health flare up, and I keep reading everywhere that good unis don't allow resits, but this gives me hope. Should I phone up the Imperial admissions department now well before results day and ask about my options in case things don't go to plan?
Reply 8
Well done, those are amazing grades to achieve! I might not get the grades I need due to a bad mental health flare up, and I keep reading everywhere that good unis don't allow resits, but this gives me hope. Should I phone up the Imperial admissions department now well before results day and ask about my options in case things don't go to plan?

They definitely take resits. When I didn't get in, I emailed them and they said they couldn't do anything and I had to reapply. I went through the whole process on UCAS again. The only difference second time round was no interview, no letters, no emails or anything. It was like I took a gap year but had to get an extra A*. But if you're worried about grades, I know people on my course that got a B in one of the grades and they still got in. It is worth to try.
Reply 9
They definitely take resits. When I didn't get in, I emailed them and they said they couldn't do anything and I had to reapply. I went through the whole process on UCAS again. The only difference second time round was no interview, no letters, no emails or anything. It was like I took a gap year but had to get an extra A*. But if you're worried about grades, I know people on my course that got a B in one of the grades and they still got in. It is worth to try.

Wow and this is for a competitive course like medicine? I've applied for medical biosciences so that gives me hope. My final Chemistry exam went very well so I may have saved my grades but I'll ring up and ask them. All the best with your medicine course!

And how did the students with the B get in, if you know? Did they ask to be let in or were their applications strong enough that they were automatically let in anyway?
Reply 11
And how did the students with the B get in, if you know? Did they ask to be let in or were their applications strong enough that they were automatically let in anyway?

I believe their application was strong and their interview went very well.
I believe their application was strong and their interview went very well.

Hello mate, I've just achieved A*AA results and will be starting Medical Biosciences at Imperial this September. Maybe I'll bump into you 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending