The Student Room Group

Applying for oxbridge in September

I’m a year 12 student who got 9988888776 at GCSE. I’ve heard top unis such as Oxbridge and LSE take gcse grades into account, and only accept people with majority 9s (maybe some 8s) Is there any chance for me to still get in?
Original post by skvsyu
I’m a year 12 student who got 9988888776 at GCSE. I’ve heard top unis such as Oxbridge and LSE take gcse grades into account, and only accept people with majority 9s (maybe some 8s) Is there any chance for me to still get in?

This is not true. Oxbridge have been expanding their intakes that they are now focused on the individual’s context rather than the grades.

You have strong grades. I would suggest that you apply (depending on your course) and submit a strong application. If you are unsure, choose Cambridge (Queens College). Good luck
Original post by skvsyu

Those grades are fine. Oxford pay more attention to GCSE grades than Cambridge, but neither accept "only accept people with majority 9s".

Stop worrying about your GCSEs and focus on your A levels, super-curriculars, and any entrance test (which will depend on the subject for which you're applying).
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia

Those grades are fine. Oxford pay more attention to GCSE grades than Cambridge, but neither accept "only accept people with majority 9s".

Stop worrying about your GCSEs and focus on your A levels, super-curriculars, and any entrance test (which will depend on the subject for which you're applying).

Thank you. This puts me at ease
Reply 4
Original post by Wired_1800

This is not true. Oxbridge have been expanding their intakes that they are now focused on the individual’s context rather than the grades.

You have strong grades. I would suggest that you apply (depending on your course) and submit a strong application. If you are unsure, choose Cambridge (Queens College). Good luck

Thanks for the reassurance. I will continue to persue my Oxbridge target!
Original post by skvsyu
Thanks for the reassurance. I will continue to persue my Oxbridge target!

Good luck. Please take this kindly: Oxbridge Dons can be picky about spelling. The word is "pursue". Attention to spelling, grammar, and punctuation won't, without more, get a person into Oxbridge; but poor spelling, grammar, and punctuation could make it harder for a candidate to demonstrate their potential.
Original post by skvsyu
Which subject did you achieve a grade 6? :s-smilie:

I wonder which course(s) you're considering at Oxford? or Cambridge? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending