The Student Room Group

University of Bath offer

I want to study Economics at Bath but i'm not sure if my application is competitve enough to receive an offer. My predicted grades are A*AA (including Maths) which are in line with the entry requirements, however i've seen a lot of people say you need higher predicted grades than the minimum to recieve an offer at top universities, which is making me doubt my chances. With a solid PS am i likely to recive an offer, it says online that 7/8 applicants recieve one but I don't know whether to trust this.
What do you guys think?
There's no harm in applying. You meet the predicted grades. Your personal statement will help. You have a much better chance of getting in if you apply than if you don't.

And bath is a lovely place to study and it sounds like you want to go, so give it a go.
Reply 2
My son has just applied to Bath for Economics with similar grades. Hoping for an offer and certainly never got the impression that Unis look for higher than what us asked for. After all students often exceed their predicted grades anyway. If you've got good GCSE's and PS I'm sure you will be fine but make sure that you are balancing your other choices 'just in case'
Hi there,

As long as you meet requirements you are already a good candidate to consider. Your predicted grades are great and there is no need to hold yourself back - you don't need to have higher to be considered.

A solid personal statement will boost your chances. Universities are not just looking for the grade letter, they're looking for students who can demonstrate a passion and interest in what they are studying. In your statement include any relevant experience you have, any reading yuo might have done around the subject and relate it back to yourself and your development to show what you have to offer.

There is no reason I can see that you shouldn't apply so go for it!

Good luck,
- Sophie (uni of Bath)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending