The Student Room Group

Uel physician associate 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by unekh
Any tips for the interview?

I wouldn't bother you'll get the vibe when you have your interview. The course is failing.
Reply 61
Does anyone know what will happen to the interviews next week if there are TFL strikes?
Reply 62
Original post by anon006
I wouldn't bother you'll get the vibe when you have your interview. The course is failing.

Are you a current student at UEL ifydm telling?
Has anyone done the interview and if so how was it ? What sort of things did they ask?
Reply 64
Original post by unekh
Are you a current student at UEL ifydm telling?

Yes
Original post by copyninja114
Has anyone done the interview and if so how was it ? What sort of things did they ask?

Why would you prep for a uni that's failing . Save your money and time
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by copyninja114

they will rob you off 20k that's what
Original post by unekh
Same I am worried too. I contacted them to ask they said the course is running and are planning interviews. I do not know what this post means but whenever I called they said the same thing if there was something wrong I am sure they would mention it. Just hope for the best!

They will rob 20k and your time and your sanity.
Reply 68
Original post by Priondisease
They will rob 20k and your time and your sanity.

If it's really failing, why don't you stop spamming us and explain who you are and exactly what the experience has been at the uni and what year you are in? What exactly is the problem and when did it begin? You saying they gave you no placements? Are you still going to graduate then? Like of you are genuine and want to help us then elaborate. Not some vague statements…
Original post by Jamz2468
If it's really failing, why don't you stop spamming us and explain who you are and exactly what the experience has been at the uni and what year you are in? What exactly is the problem and when did it begin? You saying they gave you no placements? Are you still going to graduate then? Like of you are genuine and want to help us then elaborate. Not some vague statements…

It is pretty clear cut what we are trying to say! If you don't get it you don't get it then!
Good luck you will need it. Don't say no one warned you.
Reply 70
Hi guys,

I’ve got an offer to start at UEL end of Jan. I have spoken to a few current students and they have said they have had problems with placement and their course lead retired mid academic year. However, they have said a new curriculum has been developed for the incoming cohort and new course leader (a surgeon with many years experience in medical education - check for details on UEL website) has been hired. In relation to placement, they have said that it’s been a struggle across London unis due to high demand and NHS being understaffed.

They have been mostly positive about their studies, saying that they are enjoying their time there despite the challenges that they’ve had with the course and have reassured me a lot.

Hope this helps guys! Please update when everyone has their offers and what they plan to do.
Reply 71
Original post by SE17
Hi guys,

I’ve got an offer to start at UEL end of Jan. I have spoken to a few current students and they have said they have had problems with placement and their course lead retired mid academic year. However, they have said a new curriculum has been developed for the incoming cohort and new course leader (a surgeon with many years experience in medical education - check for details on UEL website) has been hired. In relation to placement, they have said that it’s been a struggle across London unis due to high demand and NHS being understaffed.

They have been mostly positive about their studies, saying that they are enjoying their time there despite the challenges that they’ve had with the course and have reassured me a lot.

Hope this helps guys! Please update when everyone has their offers and what they plan to do.

Thank you so much for clarifying!!
Reply 72
Original post by Stpnhs1
Thank you so much for clarifying!!

No worries! I was equally alarmed by some of the comments and decided to do some of my own research as I had already confirmed my offer.

I was really relieved and reassured after hearing from current students. So, I think it’s only fair that I share this information so that others can see that it’s not as dire as some of the negative commenters here have made it out to be.

I think we also need to keep in mind that it is a relatively new course, having only been running for 2 years at UEL so ofc there will be hiccups. But as long as something is being done about them, and positive changes are being made, that’s what matters.
Reply 73
Original post by SE17
No worries! I was equally alarmed by some of the comments and decided to do some of my own research as I had already confirmed my offer.

I was really relieved and reassured after hearing from current students. So, I think it’s only fair that I share this information so that others can see that it’s not as dire as some of the negative commenters here have made it out to be.

I think we also need to keep in mind that it is a relatively new course, having only been running for 2 years at UEL so ofc there will be hiccups. But as long as something is being done about them, and positive changes are being made, that’s what matters.

That is really kind of you. I have messaged you privately are you able to answer if that is okay?
Reply 74
Original post by SE17

Thank you for clarifying!
Congrats on your offer! Do you have any tips in terms of the interview ifydm? I have messaged you privately too if that is okay
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 75
Original post by SE17

Thank you!! I private messaged you
Original post by SE17
Hi guys,

No it has been hell we have not enjoyed our time in any capacity. Good luck regardless!
Reply 77
Hey, how did everyone’s interviews go?
Reply 78
Hello everyone, post interview task , are we to write the reflection or they will send us notification, I am asking because I was not told after the interview
Thank you
Reply 79
I weren’t told either. When are we expected to hear back?

Quick Reply

Latest