The Student Room Group

A-level English Literature essay writing help

hello! I'm a year 12 student and I'm kinda struggling with how I can construct a good essay at A level because it's more complex than GCSE essays which is all I know because I recently did my GCSE's.

we have been introduced to new AO's (AO4 and AO5) and I have no idea how to find and incorporate these into my essay. I've looked at some written ones but as I haven't learnt all the content and most of the time the way they write it is just really wordy which is hard to digest.

also, the questions are different as I have to talk about poetry and a novel in one question which I haven't done and I have a small assessment this week.

I also struggle putting my thoughts onto paper and I've tried planning before writing but it doesn't really have too much of an effect other than remembering points. I want to try to make my points stronger and sound better, but it's hard when there isn't much help I can find online.

if you are wondering... my course consists of The Great Gatsby, Love Through the Ages poetry, Othello ( these 3 are what I'm currently studying)
then The Handmaid's Tale, A Streetcar Named Desire, and Feminine Gospels by Carol Ann Duffy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending