The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Aero Missed Offer

Hiya. I’ve got a conditional offer from Sheffield for MEng Aerospace as my insurance offer. If I miss the grades for the MEng but still meet the grade requirement for the BEng, will I still be allowed in on the BEng course or will I be put in clearing?
This is worth checking with Sheffield now so you are not panicking when you get your results. In many cases yes, they’ll make you an alternative offer for the BEng instead, but you need to check whether that’s their policy and whether they’ll have made that confirmation on results day.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
If the entry requirements for both degrees are the same, its likely that they are counted as 'same subject group' with an overall course number, and not considered as separate courses with individual target numbers. In this case, its unlikely that they would switch you to the BEng, but might make you an offer for a less competitive but related course.

On the other hand, you might have got the grades, or they might still take if you have missed a grade - like everyone else you will just have to be patient, stop worrying and wait until August. Endless 'what ifs' will drive you nuts.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
If the entry requirements for both degrees are the same, its likely that they are counted as 'same subject group' with an overall course number, and not considered as separate courses with individual target numbers. In this case, its unlikely that they would switch you to the BEng, but might make you an offer for a less competitive but related course.

On the other hand, you might have got the grades, or they might still take if you have missed a grade - like everyone else you will just have to be patient, stop worrying and wait until August. Endless 'what ifs' will drive you nuts.

Nah the entry requirements for the BEng are lower, the first 3 years of the course for both are the exact same.
Original post by PGKHAF
Hiya. I’ve got a conditional offer from Sheffield for MEng Aerospace as my insurance offer. If I miss the grades for the MEng but still meet the grade requirement for the BEng, will I still be allowed in on the BEng course or will I be put in clearing?

Hey,
I agree with what the other person has said - contact the University of Sheffield admissions team and see what the policy is for those two degrees. This will be your best bet and then you will know for sure what will happen.
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending