The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield - Firm offer, but wants to change course

I have a firm offer for University of Sheffield, but I want to change my course for English with History. I have rung them, sent an email, rung them again, but still no response. I know clearing opens tomorrow. Has anyone managed to contact them regarding my change of course. I am very stressed and worried, and am dreading having to go through clearing as my heart is set on Sheffield, I would look at other northern universities such as Lancaster, Leeds, Manchester but I am really scared to decline my original course and end up with nothing that I really want. I am desperate not to take a gap year, but is it the only option to get the course I really want.
Original post by Andreab8321
I have a firm offer for University of Sheffield, but I want to change my course for English with History. I have rung them, sent an email, rung them again, but still no response. I know clearing opens tomorrow. Has anyone managed to contact them regarding my change of course. I am very stressed and worried, and am dreading having to go through clearing as my heart is set on Sheffield, I would look at other northern universities such as Lancaster, Leeds, Manchester but I am really scared to decline my original course and end up with nothing that I really want. I am desperate not to take a gap year, but is it the only option to get the course I really want.

just wait until clearing tmrw to see if they have your course then go through that. if they dont then yeah other unis but if youre set on sheff then, going out on a limb, give them a visit in person if youre close enough they cant ignore you if youre physically in front of them haha
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Which number are you ringing and email address are you contacting?

Did you get through to speak to them at all or get any response? Was this all today?
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Which number are you ringing and email address are you contacting?

Did you get through to speak to them at all or get any response? Was this all today?

I rang them last Tuesday and told to submit an email, then I rang them again yesterday and was told my message would be forwarded to the person dealing with English admissions but heard nothing today.

I’m really disappointed as I had such a good impression of Sheffield.
I rang them last Tuesday and told to submit an email, then I rang them again yesterday and was told my message would be forwarded to the person dealing with English admissions but heard nothing today.

I’m really disappointed as I had such a good impression of Sheffield.

It’s peak holiday time for admissions staff and academic staff who are involved in admissions.

How long did it take between you applying and getting your offer from Sheffield earlier in the year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending