The Student Room Group

Work experience

How would I go about getting work experience in a primary school? ( my old primary)
Original post by N478
How would I go about getting work experience in a primary school? ( my old primary)

Write a polite professional email expressing interest, with dates and why you want to do work experience. If they dont reply within 1-2 weeks then send a follow up. If that doesn't work give them a ring. Be professional. Is this work experience for school weeks?
Reply 2
It will be yes I want to do work experience because it will help me get onto midwifery and the skills I need for work experience will be transferable to midwifery

Original post by flamingolover
Write a polite professional email expressing interest, with dates and why you want to do work experience. If they dont reply within 1-2 weeks then send a follow up. If that doesn't work give them a ring. Be professional. Is this work experience for school weeks?
Original post by N478
It will be yes I want to do work experience because it will help me get onto midwifery and the skills I need for work experience will be transferable to midwifery

That's great! The main thing to do is just send an email. I would also look at other places to apply in the area in case they dont have availability. Other primary schools or even care homes would be great options
Reply 4
Original post by flamingolover
That's great! The main thing to do is just send an email. I would also look at other places to apply in the area in case they dont have availability. Other primary schools or even care homes would be great options

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending