The Student Room Group

Changing Driving licence photo

Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to change the photo on your driving licence if you send it by post to the DVLA? And also if they contact you about the application at all?
Original post by BB2552
Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to change the photo on your driving licence if you send it by post to the DVLA? And also if they contact you about the application at all?

It's supposed to take about 3 weeks, but I don't know how long it'll take in reality. Assuming there are no issues with the application (i.e. the form being filled-in incorrectly, the photo being invalid, etc.) then there would be no need for them to contact you.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
It's supposed to take about 3 weeks, but I don't know how long it'll take in reality. Assuming there are no issues with the application (i.e. the form being filled-in incorrectly, the photo being invalid, etc.) then there would be no need for them to contact you.
I’ve had no confirmation email etc so was wondering if this was normal as it’s been nearly a week since I sent it and have heard nothing
Original post by BB2552
I’ve had no confirmation email etc so was wondering if this was normal as it’s been nearly a week since I sent it and have heard nothing

You sent it by post though, right? That's very old school. You'll likely hear nothing at all from them until the new license arrives in the post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending