The Student Room Group

Highway Racer Type game for NEA project

Hi,

I was wondering if it is a good idea to make a highway racer type game where the aim of the game is to dodge all traffic whilst gradually increasing the speed of the vehicle.

Thanks,
Reply 1
Original post by M_73
Hi,

I was wondering if it is a good idea to make a highway racer type game where the aim of the game is to dodge all traffic whilst gradually increasing the speed of the vehicle.

Thanks,

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me, assuming you have enough complexity (e.g difficulty levels, leaderboards, etc.).
You should be able to use OOP to get into the top bands if you represent each type of vehicle as an object inheriting from a vehicle superclass, for example
Reply 2
What language and software you recommend i use? Is Unity fine?
Reply 3
Original post by M_73
What language and software you recommend i use? Is Unity fine?

I don't think it's a good idea to use a game engine for this since it'll reduce your code's complexity and result in lower marks. If you really have to then yeah, Unity's fine (though I'd personally use Godot for various reasons e.g licensing) but otherwise, without a game engine you can just use plain C# or Java; especially since it's not really a complex game - you could theoretically code the entire game using text-based graphics and forgo the GUI, and probably achieve the same marks (or more)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending