The Student Room Group

What Unis should I apply to for dentistry

My GCSEs are 887777666
Predicted AAA
Sitting UCAT near end of summer.
I know there is no point applying for London unis but is plymouth still an option?. Their website is very vague and states A*AA-AAA.
Reply 1
It's up to you. Do some research. Visit the campuses to get a feel of the universities. Ask yourself what you want in a uni.
Reply 2
Depends on which subjects you got a 6 in for your GCSEs, as different dental schools have different GCSE cutoffs. AAA is good enough outside of London (you obviously know that), I would also not encourage you to apply to Scotland either, however, realistically speaking if you do averagely well in the UCAT then you can apply to schools like Liverpool, Birmingham, Plymouth, Sheffield etc.
Reply 4
Original post by Chrollo148
My GCSEs are 887777666
Predicted AAA
Sitting UCAT near end of summer.
I know there is no point applying for London unis but is plymouth still an option?. Their website is very vague and states A*AA-AAA.

I know Newcastle look purely at UCAT score. so it depends on how good you are at the UCAT.
Since your predicted AAA you should be fine. high ucat = more choices for uni

but if you fit the GCSE requirements for subjects you should be able to apply anywhere.
Reply 5
Original post by rash-glue
I know Newcastle look purely at UCAT score. so it depends on how good you are at the UCAT.
Since your predicted AAA you should be fine. high ucat = more choices for uni

but if you fit the GCSE requirements for subjects you should be able to apply anywhere.

edit: most places (cuz some unis are A*AA)

Quick Reply

Latest