The Student Room Group

Predicted grades

Hey,
So I think I am going to get predicted AAB for UCAS. (I am happy with these grades) I was just wondering whether I will be slightly disadvantaged because I go to a grammar school and therefore I should theoretically be getting the top grades. My course requirements are AAB so I would be meeting the requirements.
Reply 1
Original post by wanttoknow123
Hey,
So I think I am going to get predicted AAB for UCAS. (I am happy with these grades) I was just wondering whether I will be slightly disadvantaged because I go to a grammar school and therefore I should theoretically be getting the top grades. My course requirements are AAB so I would be meeting the requirements.

You should be fine. I believe it is only at Uber competitive unis like Cambridge where they look at grades in context of the school i.e they might expect slightly higher grades from a super high performing school. In most other cases, if you meet the min grade requirements, you will get an offer.
Reply 2
Unis are not that bigoted or prejudiced.
They do not 'expect' anything from you based on the type of school you go to.

How to Avoid 5 Rejections - read it all - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending