The Student Room Group

getting a tattoo

Hi so i’ve been talking to a tattoo artist about getting some work done for when i turn 18. I’ve mentioned this initially when i first got in touch with them. So i turn 18 mid september but i haven’t mentioned to them when in september i will be 18. They booked me in for the 1st of september to have a design appointment where i meet the artist and they come up with a design for me. This sounds good however, i’ll still be 17 during then. Does it matter that i won’t be 18 during this design appointment thingy but i will be when i do get the work done? i’m too nervous to ask the shop about it in case they end up turning me down because they are a good shop from what i’ve heard and my parents prefer me to go there than other places.
Its illegal to actually tattoo someone under the age of 18 in the uk, so its unlikely that a reputable shop wouldnt want to risk it as they can get into a lot of trouble for it and one person isnt really worth endangering their livelihood for. So its likely that during this design appointment, they will ask about specifics for dates to get it done. If they know your born in September, most people wont assume your born on the very the first of the month, so they probably already are aware youll be under 18 at the time, and they wouldnt have booked you in at 17 if they where going to turn you down for just having the design appointment at that age.

TLDR: if theres no plan to tattoo on that day your probably fine dw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending