The Student Room Group

internal exclusion uni

i was isolated in an room for a day in school due to my attitude toward teacher, that happened in year 9. After few year i have being a nice behave kid and didnt cause any trouble but i have to move school, since the teacher in the new school might not know me much , im scared they possibly mention my discipline record in their reference when i apply in uni and sixth form, will i be ok?
schools probably wont get this info and if they do they don't care, unless you are someone who frequently gets isolated
Original post by Mining29
i was isolated in an room for a day in school due to my attitude toward teacher, that happened in year 9. After few year i have being a nice behave kid and didnt cause any trouble but i have to move school, since the teacher in the new school might not know me much , im scared they possibly mention my discipline record in their reference when i apply in uni and sixth form, will i be ok?

When I was in Year 11 (2019) I was put in isolation for a half day until 4 pm, for something I said about a teacher in private and off school grounds. I said my Maths teacher couldn't teach and she was a bit of a witch, I don't regret my comments, but I wish I just kept it to myself and learned my lesson. I deserved to be punished for being dumb enough to tell a couple of my classmates on social media about this, I should've kept my feelings to myself. I never really got into trouble for anything else in school and my tutor was shocked when he found out I even got a dention, because I never got dententions and I never really misbehaved in class or at least in a way that warranted a detention. Luckily, I was able to move past all that and it didn't affect my college admission.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by House of Vane
When I was in Year 11 (2019) I was put in isolation for a half day until 4 pm, for something I said about a teacher in private and off school grounds. I said my Maths teacher couldn't teach and she was a bit of a witch, I don't regret my comments, but I wish I just kept it to myself and learned my lesson. I deserved to be punished for being dumb enough to tell a couple of my classmates on social media about this, I should've kept my feelings to myself. I never really got into trouble for anything else in school and my tutor was shocked when he found out I even got a dention, because I never got dententions and I never really misbehaved in class or at least in a way that warranted a detention. Luckily, I was able to move past all that and it didn't affect my college admission.

My experience is extremely similar to yours, but I was isolated for a day in school until 4 pm, I totally learned my lesson, but this also caused me to worries. I never cause trouble and I talked to many teacher about this, my principle said he will not mention this in my reference (my old school) but it just me that worry this behaviour record will pass on to uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending