The Student Room Group

I think come across as unfriendly

I'm probably one of the quietest people anybody would ever meet, I can literally be sitting next to a person for an hour and they won't notice I'm there. People call me the wrong think on a regular basis when they first meet me (Amelie, Adelaide, Alisha, Mary, Luna) My name is Alison. Somebody called me the quiet one for six weeks once before they learnt my name. I have a large friend group that I love and am loyal to due to having a couple of very outgoing friends who helped me get to know them plus covid making sure we were all in the same room for 6 hours a day at school, so they kind of had to get to know me whether they liked it or not. I generally get on with people, but I'm worried that my quietness sometimes comes off as unfriendliness or snobbiness. It's not like that, I just normally wait for somebody else to start the conversation. I don't know what to do, I am massively introverted as it is and school makes me feel exhausted every day, I don't think I can handle much more conversation. Does anyone else have this?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm probably one of the quietest people anybody would ever meet, I can literally be sitting next to a person for an hour and they won't notice I'm there. People call me the wrong think on a regular basis when they first meet me (Amelie, Adelaide, Alisha, Mary, Luna) My name is Alison. Somebody called me the quiet one for six weeks once before they learnt my name. I have a large friend group that I love and am loyal to due to having a couple of very outgoing friends who helped me get to know them plus covid making sure we were all in the same room for 6 hours a day at school, so they kind of had to get to know me whether they liked it or not. I generally get on with people, but I'm worried that my quietness sometimes comes off as unfriendliness or snobbiness. It's not like that, I just normally wait for somebody else to start the conversation. I don't know what to do, I am massively introverted as it is and school makes me feel exhausted every day, I don't think I can handle much more conversation. Does anyone else have this?

i do but actually no think ur snobby or anything
some even say u r smart and evaluating the situation
howver if ur talkin in a convo 'n' u aint reply then ppl might say u rude or ur hidden somethin
just try to tlk as much as possible if ur with friend group
tbh this is all i can say
JF ZAK
and yes i experienced the same thin
this is how i over come it
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Yea if im put in a room with another random person, I will just not speak. I was in an orchestra quite recently and I think I talked to my desk partner maybe 3-4 times in the couple of weeks that it went on. Some people are just much more introverted than others. I also worry that I come off as very unfriendly lmaoao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending