The Student Room Group

I didn’t get my sixth forms grade requirements

I didn’t get the grade requirements for gcses to get into my schools sixth form. Would maybe talking to that school change things and would they perhaps consider me in if i really plead them?? I really don’t know what to do if i cant go into that sixth form because i went to this school since y7 all the way to y11. do you think they will reconsider me?
Original post by itsnotld
I didn’t get the grade requirements for gcses to get into my schools sixth form. Would maybe talking to that school change things and would they perhaps consider me in if i really plead them?? I really don’t know what to do if i cant go into that sixth form because i went to this school since y7 all the way to y11. do you think they will reconsider me?

Are you very close to the grade requirements, or quite far from them?

Are these grade requirements to access the sixth form (for any subjects), or are they requirements to study the subjects you want to study? (If the latter, would you consider other subjects?)

Does the sixth form just offer A levels, or do they offer BTECs too? Are the grade requirements different if you want to do BTECs?

Have they made any formal / official decision with regards to you staying on at sixth form? Or as you just assuming it'll be a "No". If there was a formal / official decision, does the letter given you any opportunity to appeal or request a review?

Would you consider retaking one of two of your GCSEs alongside doing A levels / BTECs / whatever? If so, then you could suggest that. (This only has the potential or working if improved grades in one or two GCSEs would allow you to hit the grade requiremens, that is.)
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Are you very close to the grade requirements, or quite far from them?

Are these grade requirements to access the sixth form (for any subjects), or are they requirements to study the subjects you want to study? (If the latter, would you consider other subjects?)

Does the sixth form just offer A levels, or do they offer BTECs too? Are the grade requirements different if you want to do BTECs?

Have they made any formal / official decision with regards to you staying on at sixth form? Or as you just assuming it'll be a "No". If there was a formal / official decision, does the letter given you any opportunity to appeal or request a review?

Would you consider retaking one of two of your GCSEs alongside doing A levels / BTECs / whatever? If so, then you could suggest that. (This only has the potential or working if improved grades in one or two GCSEs would allow you to hit the grade requiremens, that is.)

right now i’m doing btec business and sociology. the grade requirements for me to do an alevel that i didn’t get was a 6 in 1 english. i got a 5 in literature and 4 in language but i was 1 mark way from a 5. i really cant stay and do btec though because it’s in another building and all the people there are very unfriendly. i want to do sociology media film or philosophy but in order for me to do that i need a 6 for english. i don’t know what to do. should i talk to the school??
Original post by itsnotld
right now i’m doing btec business and sociology. the grade requirements for me to do an alevel that i didn’t get was a 6 in 1 english. i got a 5 in literature and 4 in language but i was 1 mark way from a 5. i really cant stay and do btec though because it’s in another building and all the people there are very unfriendly. i want to do sociology media film or philosophy but in order for me to do that i need a 6 for english. i don’t know what to do. should i talk to the school??

Yes, you should absolutely talk to your school. They might give you a firm "No", but it does no harm to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending