The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

What are the chances of getting into uni (Manchester specifically) through clearing?

Hi, I just want some advice on this topic, as I want to do a course in maths, but am predicted to get abb. please let me know
Do you have a UCAS application?
Have you accepted a firm offer somewhere?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by jaffa06
Hi, I just want some advice on this topic, as I want to do a course in maths, but am predicted to get abb. please let me know

ABB is quite low for a Maths degree at somewhere like Manchester. I suspect you will probably get rejected there although only the university will know for definite. There will be other universities requiring AAB or ABB you will get into.
Reply 3
no , im only in year 12 and im really worried about year 13
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
ABB is quite low for a Maths degree at somewhere like Manchester. I suspect you will probably get rejected there although only the university will know for definite. There will be other universities requiring AAB or ABB you will get into.

its for the foundation year
Reply 5
Check what happens in clearing this year to get a rough idea.
Original post by jaffa06
no , im only in year 12 and im really worried about year 13

Then there’s no need to get stressed about clearing :smile:

Do what you can over the summer to improve your grades and your ucas application. Have you looked at futurelearn and similar websites for maths related courses?
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
Then there’s no need to get stressed about clearing :smile:

Do what you can over the summer to improve your grades and your ucas application. Have you looked at futurelearn and similar websites for maths related courses?

I’ve looked at loads of different maths websites, and used maths genie and pmt religiously, but I’m not sure about any actual courses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending