The Student Room Group

Are unis leniant with grades during clearing

I was wondering if universities are lenient with their entry requirements if you are going through clearing. For example a course listed on clearing requiring AAB, would they consider you if you got ABB
Original post by student123423232
I was wondering if universities are lenient with their entry requirements if you are going through clearing. For example a course listed on clearing requiring AAB, would they consider you if you got ABB

If it's in clearing as AAB then that's what they're taking, not lower.
But they may consider lower for a contextual applicant.

Can you give me a few more details and we'll see if we can get a plan in place? :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
If it's in clearing as AAB then that's what they're taking, not lower.
But they may consider lower for a contextual applicant.

Can you give me a few more details and we'll see if we can get a plan in place? :smile:

I was just unsure of wether it is worth calling the universities if i get lower than what they are requiring
If it's in clearance as AAB, they're taking that and not less.
However, they might give a contextual applicant a lower priority.

Please provide me with a few more details so that we can try to come up with a plan.
I was just unsure of wether it is worth calling the universities if i get lower than what they are requiring

If you've missed your firm or insurance then they will have made a decision already about whether or keep you or not. Ringing them will make no difference and just loses you time.
Original post by michaelwillems
If it's in clearance as AAB, they're taking that and not less.
However, they might give a contextual applicant a lower priority.

Please provide me with a few more details so that we can try to come up with a plan.

That's... really good advice :erm:
will ucas also add more courses soon, or is what courses are on there final?

Hey!

If you have received unexpected grades, you can still find a place at university through Clearing - Clearing advisors will be able to guide you through the process and let you know what courses are available to you.

If you need any help, here are our top tips for nailing your Clearing phone call 👉 https://www.derby.ac.uk/blog/clearing-nail-clearing-phonecall/

Good luck 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending