The Student Room Group

I can't apply to any Med school !?

So long story short , I sat my A-level biology in an intensive course over an 8 month period as a mature student.I sat this exam along side psychology , this was because I thought that I wanted to study PPE. After much deliberation , I decided to decline my Lucas offers and realised I would be much better fit for med school . I am applying to take a 1 year intensive course in maths , physics and chemistry . However alot of university are saying they need biology to be sat along with all subjects . Have I forever doomed myself from being able to study medicine? My family don't have money so I cant even apply for school abroad or else I would have .
Reply 1
message the universities directly cuz i never heard about having to sitting a-level all together.
Reply 2
Original post by maturestudent234
So long story short , I sat my A-level biology in an intensive course over an 8 month period as a mature student.I sat this exam along side psychology , this was because I thought that I wanted to study PPE. After much deliberation , I decided to decline my Lucas offers and realised I would be much better fit for med school . I am applying to take a 1 year intensive course in maths , physics and chemistry . However alot of university are saying they need biology to be sat along with all subjects . Have I forever doomed myself from being able to study medicine? My family don't have money so I cant even apply for school abroad or else I would have .

As long as you have 3 A levels in the same sitting that should be sufficient. The three in one sitting says that you can cope with the equivalent workload of a medical degree is all. The subject specific requirements are extraneous to that. You should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending