The Student Room Group

GCSE requirements at university

Hi! I was just wondering how strict universities are with their GCSE requirements. I sat mine about 4 years ago and got a 5 in maths, hoping to study psychology at university. Most universities ask for a minimum of 5, however some ask for a 6- if I were to achieve all other entry requirements for the course is there any chance there would be leniency around my maths being one grade below? Thanks for any help.
I think they generally are quite strict on that but you could always contact individual courses you are interested in, to double check.
Original post by Jodlings
Hi! I was just wondering how strict universities are with their GCSE requirements. I sat mine about 4 years ago and got a 5 in maths, hoping to study psychology at university. Most universities ask for a minimum of 5, however some ask for a 6- if I were to achieve all other entry requirements for the course is there any chance there would be leniency around my maths being one grade below? Thanks for any help.

Generally a GCSE Maths requirement is non negotiable. If you dont meet it you will get rejected.
They tend to be strict requirements so you’d need to be retaking to be considered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending