The Student Room Group

Does my lazy eye look bad?

I have an eye test in a couple of weeks- I’ve been stupid and not worn glasses even though I know I have lazy eyes. As a child they never patched me though so it could’ve been treated better back then.

I don’t think it’s that obvious but I’m self conscious of it.

9AA353ED-E700-4D9F-8FDC-C11AC92D2CC4.jpeg
41BEDC0F-5515-4AC3-8C0D-E391EFDEC60B.jpeg
The first is me looking directly at the camera. Second photo is me looking at something above and I can feel my eye straining.
(edited 9 months ago)
Don't worry about it at all sweetie you're beautiful! Honestly, if I looked at you I wouldn't be able to tell unless you told me and I was really looking for it. Also, don't feel bad about your body, everybody is different, and it's something you should own and be proud of. :h:
Reply 2
I don't think so there is any thing bad in your eyes so don't be feel very sad about it ..
Reply 3
You should wear your glasses if you feel strain.
As for looks, I can hardly notice you squint in the top photo, you don't look cross-eye.
Reply 4
Original post by Kathy89
You should wear your glasses if you feel strain.
As for looks, I can hardly notice you squint in the top photo, you don't look cross-eye.

Thank you. Can you notice the lazy eye more in the second photo?
I can't even tell which eye is meant to be lazy ngl you look fine
Edit: my mum is a nurse and she had a look at it, she couldn't tell either... you're good!
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by EVMD17
Thank you. Can you notice the lazy eye more in the second photo?

Not really, but you clearly straining your right eye, but you don't look cross-eyed.
Not noticeable
Original post by EVMD17
I have an eye test in a couple of weeks- I’ve been stupid and not worn glasses even though I know I have lazy eyes. As a child they never patched me though so it could’ve been treated better back then.

I don’t think it’s that obvious but I’m self conscious of it.

9AA353ED-E700-4D9F-8FDC-C11AC92D2CC4.jpeg
41BEDC0F-5515-4AC3-8C0D-E391EFDEC60B.jpeg
The first is me looking directly at the camera. Second photo is me looking at something above and I can feel my eye straining.

Considering you're only getting an eye test done now, the squint is hardly noticeable! Just make sure you wear your glasses when you get them

And yes, for patches, it stops working when you reach the age of 7 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest