The Student Room Group

Open for honest opinions and views on this situation

i have a situation in a class which has been going on for awhile now with a girl who sits on the opposite side the classroom (but her seat faces towards the middle of the room) and we've exchanged mutual eye contact, or ive looked over to see her already looking at me so many times to the point where i just assumed she was interested. i have tried talking to her only once outside the classroom (too scared) but apart from that one convo, the 'interest' she has inside the classroom seems non existent outside of it. she would sometimes go out of her way to look at me too, like if leaving the lesson opening the door, stopping and turning to look over to smile before leaving. but a friend of mine who is friends with her said she would speak to her and mention how i was interested to see what she said. and it turns out that she had recently come out for a really bad relationship which is fair enough. but the weird part is that she also said that the eye contact was all accidental, too? When we both know it wasn't; there were sometimes lessons where it would be so frequent and held/unfaltering over numerous seconds that i was so confident she was interested like i was. Back in november, she was also talking about it to someone i know, telling them about the interactions we've had or if she's seen me somewhere or something.
recently, if i see her completely away from the class, she will side-eye me according to my friends but there is no direct acknowledgement of me (to be fair though i don't really do anything either) and because of this its very stale outside the class

my dilemma is that i am stuck here fixated on the hope that she will become interested, and i know she won't but all the eye contact and general tension is just keeping me here waiting for the unlikely day that she turns and suddenly reciprocates the feeling!
delulu is the solulu, nah im joking. im assuming ur a guy, if your a girl ill change my answer, so I think the best thing to do is continue this eye contact thing, because she's lowkey showing interest by the sounds of it. now, what you need to do is exude confidence, girls LOVE confidence from a guy. show her you want her without being too much. for example asking ur friend thats friends with her to ask if shes interested, poor move. lack of confidence, beta male vibes. go up to her one day and just speak to her, your in the same class, talk about hwk or sum, befriend her, then once your friends and your comfortable, start flirting. usually girls can like someone quickly, even if they werent interested first. if you flirt well and show your interest, she'll come around. again assuming ur a guy, YOUR A MAN, take the lead and show ur interest, ask for her socials, message her. but do all these things without coming across as desperate. let her know your interested, but not TOO much, downplay it. this lil part may be a bit toxic, so take it pinch of salt, when she's slowly starting to reciprocate energy, back down slightly, e.g maybe like dont message first or something, she's gonna be more intrigued that way, and start being even more interested, girls work in a complicated way. BUT only do that for a lil bit, you dont to drag it on and then she loses interest. anyways, once shes super interested and proper likes you, there we go! ask her out, job done
Reply 2
Original post by sashagrace.x
delulu is the solulu, nah im joking. im assuming ur a guy, if your a girl ill change my answer, so I think the best thing to do is continue this eye contact thing, because she's lowkey showing interest by the sounds of it. now, what you need to do is exude confidence, girls LOVE confidence from a guy. show her you want her without being too much. for example asking ur friend thats friends with her to ask if shes interested, poor move. lack of confidence, beta male vibes. go up to her one day and just speak to her, your in the same class, talk about hwk or sum, befriend her, then once your friends and your comfortable, start flirting. usually girls can like someone quickly, even if they werent interested first. if you flirt well and show your interest, she'll come around. again assuming ur a guy, YOUR A MAN, take the lead and show ur interest, ask for her socials, message her. but do all these things without coming across as desperate. let her know your interested, but not TOO much, downplay it. this lil part may be a bit toxic, so take it pinch of salt, when she's slowly starting to reciprocate energy, back down slightly, e.g maybe like dont message first or something, she's gonna be more intrigued that way, and start being even more interested, girls work in a complicated way. BUT only do that for a lil bit, you dont to drag it on and then she loses interest. anyways, once shes super interested and proper likes you, there we go! ask her out, job done
thanks for responding, yes i am a guy. you do think she's interested? from the glances over she does in class yeah i would think so too, but i already have her on snap and tried to talk to her on there awhile back and the conversation went on for like 3 messages before she just sent a thumbs up snap without any of her face in it. this was awhile ago, but since then there was a period of time where she just wouldn't even look over at all when i would try to, so i decided to give up, messaging her straight up saying i heard she'd just had a bad experience with a relationship recently so i wasn't going to try to force anything. ik, really stupid thing to say but i didn't want to make her uncomfortable and thought it wasn't worth trying anymore. but since i said that about a month ago, she started to look over again, checking to see if im looking at her, even though i haven't actually reciprocated the eye contact or directly looked at her for awhile now(??). i feel it isn't my place to try and talk to her again after how i kind of gave up. i can't really go back and say 'actually i take that back' because that's just stupid and i highly doubt she wants me to say anything like that, but she still looks to check if im looking or something? only in the lesson too, not anywhere else. why would she still look? is it just for the ego boost? personally if someone liked me and i didn't like them back i would be sure not to give them the wrong idea, but that doesn't seem to bother her. really stuck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending