The Student Room Group

How do you tell a girl you like her

ive been interested in this girl a long time but have not had much convos. How do I tell her I like her?
Original post by Anonymous
ive been interested in this girl a long time but have not had much convos. How do I tell her I like her?

You say the following

“I like you
Reply 2
But how do girls react when a guy tells them that hes interested in her but they dont know each other well enough?
Reply 3
The thing to do is to flirt and try to find out if she likes you too. Until you know this it’s best not to declare your feeling
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
The thing to do is to flirt and try to find out if she likes you too. Until you know this it’s best not to declare your feeling

But I just dont get the opportunities too talk to her when I see her and its always so busy - shes always making eye contact and smiling hence why I think its best to be forward?
Don't lead with how you feel. That's too heavy, and unless the feeling is already mutual you're going to either creep her out or scare her off.

Ask her on a date. It communicates that you are interested without coming across too emotional or invested.
Reply 6
Original post by 1582
Don't lead with how you feel. That's too heavy, and unless the feeling is already mutual you're going to either creep her out or scare her off.

Ask her on a date. It communicates that you are interested without coming across too emotional or invested.

But we dont know each other well enough for that - wouldnt it be better to ask for her social media first before asking out?
But we dont know each other well enough for that - wouldnt it be better to ask for her social media first before asking out?

Dates are how people to get to know each other.

I didn't even know the woman I now live with before I asked her on a date.
Reply 8
Original post by 1582
Dates are how people to get to know each other.

I didn't even know the woman I now live with before I asked her on a date.

Maybe in your time dates were how you get to know someone but in this day and age the younger generation prefer snapchat lol or numbers
Reply 9
But I just dont get the opportunities too talk to her when I see her and its always so busy - shes always making eye contact and smiling hence why I think its best to be forward?

Tell her your name, ask hers, invite her to some group event. Or just ask her on a date
Maybe in your time dates were how you get to know someone but in this day and age the younger generation prefer snapchat lol or numbers

Mate this was just last year.
Reply 11
Original post by 1582
Mate this was just last year.

I don't know about you but I age dramatically every time I read a post on this site by someone under 25.
Ask her via chatbot :biggrin:.

No, that’s not really true. Conversing with her outside of a screen will do you a favour
Reply 14

It's not a 'younger generation' thing, it's an immaturity thing. Do you want to just text this girl till earth's end or actually see her? Ask directly for what you want and it's more likely to happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending