The Student Room Group

Doing GCSE but English is my second Language

Hello, Im from Italy and ive just sat my gcses i came here in Covid time, so for me was a challange for my exams, i think they were tough, i asked my teacher if my grade can be adjusted but she said no, is my teacher right or there is a possibility to adjust the grade and if is possible who i need to contact?
Reply 1
why would your teacher be lying?
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
why would your teacher be lying?

I am not saying that he was lying but i want to make sure that he was right, also at that period exams were finishing so everyone were a bit more relaxed
Original post by benino
Hello, Im from Italy and ive just sat my gcses i came here in Covid time, so for me was a challange for my exams, i think they were tough, i asked my teacher if my grade can be adjusted but she said no, is my teacher right or there is a possibility to adjust the grade and if is possible who i need to contact?

In the UK, there were normal exams in 2019, then "centre assessed" or "teacher assessed" grades (i.e. no exams) in 2020 and 2021. In 2022 there was a return to exams, but modifications were made to allow for the fact that students had been impacted by Covid. This year, there are some very minor modifications - but it's essentially a set of normal exams. Ofqual (which are responsible for qualifications) have said that exam boards will set the grade boundaries such that you are - on average - just as likely to get a particular grade in 2023 as you would have been in 2019. So they might tweak the grade boundaries slightly to achieve this. But they might not - it depends on how everyone does.

Quick Reply

Latest