The Student Room Group

clearing courses

is it true that with clearing (especially early clearing) there may be some courses that aren't advertised as in clearing but do have vacancies and are available to be taken?
do uni's essentially withhold that information? should i contact the university to see if they do have a course which isn't advertised?
also do more clearing courses pop up as we approach results day and if yes why?
Reply 1
This is 'early Clearing' - it is not the same as A level Results Day Clearing which will have all final spaces up for grabs.
The current 'clearing' is mostly 'we think we haven't made enough offers' clearing, not 'spaces'.

Btw, If you get spectacularly high grades is always worth phoning a Uni to see if they are interested in you - but, no we dont keep secret lists of open courses.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
This is 'early Clearing' - it is not the same as A level Results Day Clearing which will have all final spaces up for grabs.
The current 'clearing' is mostly 'we think we haven't made enough offers' clearing, not 'spaces'.

Btw, If you get spectacularly high grades is always worth phoning a Uni to see if they are interested in you - but, no we dont keep secret lists of open courses.

do you reckon warwick would be interested in me with A* A B B in italian business law and maths respectively? i want to study accounting and finance even with foundation year.
without foundation they ask for A A B contextual (i'm eligible) but an A in maths i got a B.
do you reckon it's worth a call?
Original post by baleale
is it true that with clearing (especially early clearing) there may be some courses that aren't advertised as in clearing but do have vacancies and are available to be taken?
do uni's essentially withhold that information? should i contact the university to see if they do have a course which isn't advertised?
also do more clearing courses pop up as we approach results day and if yes why?

i am not sure if universities withhold information on available courses, but i would be open to it being true. i heard it's easier to be accepted in a university if a student applies to a subject that doesn't receive many applicants. i don't know the answers to your other questions.

it is worth a call to Warwick. :smile: this is your future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending