The Student Room Group

MPhil Advanced Computer Science Cambridge - 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DNOFHF

Nice! It’s a bit daunting waiting for the interview, but I imagine they will happen early Jan

Does anyone know how likely it is you get interviewed, looking at older chats it looks like most people get offered a interview
Reply 41
Original post by xanderread
Does anyone know how likely it is you get interviewed, looking at older chats it looks like most people get offered a interview

That is my general impression, however I’m not sure if it’s always the case! Have you submitted your app?
Original post by DNOFHF

I unfortunately did not! That’s good Vlachos replied, did you manage to have a call with him or just emails?

I only got an email and he welcomed me to apply. No chance of a call 😔🤙 Also, don't worry, it's not required to contact any faculty members as such, because the volume that they get is absolutely mind boggling. One of my friends got a reply from Buttery, saying that she received 122 emails this year alone for supervision - which btw is truly stunning!!!!
Reply 43
Original post by DNOFHF
Are you just under review by the department like myself?

Yep!
Original post by xanderread
Original post by DNOFHF

Nice! It’s a bit daunting waiting for the interview, but I imagine they will happen early Jan

Around 60% get invited for the interview
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous #6
I only got an email and he welcomed me to apply. No chance of a call 😔🤙 Also, don't worry, it's not required to contact any faculty members as such, because the volume that they get is absolutely mind boggling. One of my friends got a reply from Buttery, saying that she received 122 emails this year alone for supervision - which btw is truly stunning!!!!

122?!?!?! That’s something else. I don’t know how many my professor got but I’m applying to the security group, not NLP or AIML. Probably helpful for getting a supervisor response!
Reply 46

Around 60% get invited for the interview
Oh that’s interesting. Thank you for this information. Where have you gotten this stat? I haven’t been able to get any information about the number of people who get an interview!
Now the Christmas 🎄 holidays begin so we'll hear from them only in the next year! Merry Christmas ⛄🎄🎁 my dear fellow applicants!
Now the Christmas 🎄 holidays begin so we'll hear from them only in the next year! Merry Christmas ⛄🎄🎁 my dear fellow applicants!

Do you know when they are back / we can expect to hear ?

Merry Christmas !
Original post by Anonymous #1

Do you know when they are back / we can expect to hear ?

After 15 January as that's when the new terms starts I guess !
Reply 51
After 15 January as that's when the new terms starts I guess !

The website said to be free from 3rd to 15th January for interviews iirc
Reply 52
Yeah:

Batch 3: All other applications, including Gates Cambridge Trusts (Rest of world) received before the 5 December 2023 deadline, will be considered in late December and early January 2024. Applicants invited to an interview by video conference or phone should make themselves available between 3-15 January 2024.

https://www.cst.cam.ac.uk/admissions/acs
Reply 53
Happy New Years all! With it being the time for batch 1 interviews, can people please let me know if they’ve been contacted or had an interview! It would be good to know when they start reaching out to us. Good luck all!
Original post by DNOFHF
Happy New Years all! With it being the time for batch 1 interviews, can people please let me know if they’ve been contacted or had an interview! It would be good to know when they start reaching out to us. Good luck all!

Haven't heard anything yet either
No information yet. Still awaiting to hear
I imagine we probably won't hear back til really late this week or early next week. Feels surprisingly they would have the interviews between 3-15th Jan.
This is my second time applying for this program. I received interview on Jan. 4th last year, so I assume it would be coming soon.
Original post by FiveSevenNight
This is my second time applying for this program. I received interview on Jan. 4th last year, so I assume it would be coming soon.

Good luck! Do they give you a time or do you have to arrange an interview with someone? I.e correspond with a professor.

That’s interesting, do you have any general advice for the process? Also, have you done anything else in the past year to strength your application such as publishing a paper?
Reply 59
Just a general question, as I think this new rule is really stupid! Is this course going to be impacted by the new UK laws on bringing families to the UK?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending