The Student Room Group

MPhil Advanced Computer Science Cambridge - 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

For those still waiting - presumably we have been moved to the second batch of applicants because of something like an internal waitlist for people who didn't make the cut for the first batch? Which isn't great but oh well.

(Disclaimer: this is pure speculation because I'm losing hope)
Original post by 20_anonymous_11
It's 1 PM there, so I am planning to call later around 3 or 4PM

Any luck?
Got my rejection email for the master today. Quite surprised since I thought the interview went quite well : /
Original post by Anonymous #14
Got my rejection email for the master today. Quite surprised since I thought the interview went quite well : /

I'm sorry to hear that. Which track did you apply to?
All the best for your applications to other universities.
Original post by Anonymous #33
Any luck?

Nah, they didn't answer the phone that day.. seems to be working today, so let's see if we get some decision today
I'm sorry to hear that. Which track did you apply to?
All the best for your applications to other universities.

It was the ML track. Thanks for your kind words, I was already accepted for an MSc and DPhil at Oxford, so this MPhil rejection doesn't change much! Surprising how different the criteria are for different universities for the same course 🙂
Original post by Anonymous
It was the ML track. Thanks for your kind words, I was already accepted for an MSc and DPhil at Oxford, so this MPhil rejection doesn't change much! Surprising how different the criteria are for different universities for the same course 🙂

Wow, good job! If I got Cambridge I would honestly not even care about Oxford (and vice versa).
Has anyone heard anything about funding? I have an offer for a scholarship somewhere else but really want to do the MPhil at Camb and don't want to hold out hope for funding if everyone else has already heard.
Has anyone heard anything about funding? I have an offer for a scholarship somewhere else but really want to do the MPhil at Camb and don't want to hold out hope for funding if everyone else has already heard.

Are you a home or intl student? Gates invites have been sent out but I think most funding decisions will be communicated later on. Could be given out until the end of July iirc
Are they still doing interviews? Has anyone from the second batch got an interview?
Has anyone got any decision this week? Or all those who were waiting are on the same position
Has anyone got any decision this week? Or all those who were waiting are on the same position
Still waiting for the decision.

I'm from the first batch, interviewed in mid-Jan.
I've just been rejected from UCL/ICL, so this is the last glimmer of hope I have!
Accepted to Trinity College!!
Hang in their folks.
Congratulations, man!!,
And here we are, waiting for the department to finalize the decision so the application can move on to college registration.
Congratulations, man!!,
And here we are, waiting for the department to finalize the decision so the application can move on to college registration.

Thanks buddy!
It took me 6 weeks to get this offer. I was told by my department supervisor that I was their highly ranked candidate. Now awaiting funding. Wishing you and everyone the best!!! :smile:
Thanks buddy!
It took me 6 weeks to get this offer. I was told by my department supervisor that I was their highly ranked candidate. Now awaiting funding. Wishing you and everyone the best!!! :smile:

Oh, that's good.
Thanks buddy!

That’s really good to hear! Do you mind providing your experience or any other relevant information?
Original post by Anonymous #3
That’s really good to hear! Do you mind providing your experience or any other relevant information?

I don't mind at all. What do you want to know specifically? Pls let me know.
I don't mind at all. What do you want to know specifically? Pls let me know.

It would just be great to hear what you’ve achieved! Undergrad university, area of research, any papers and anything else you think may be notable?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending