The Student Room Group

History and Economics 2024 Entry (Oxford)

Hey guys, wondering if there were any potential applicants for HECON on TSR.
It's such a small course it's hard to find people to talk about it with! How are you guys finding admissions test prep and personal statement writing? What are your top colleges? How is A-Level prep going?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 1
I did a few TSA papers and found it okay, but I still need to look at the HAT. I've also not started my personal statement yet, so I'll do that soon.

Not sure which college I'll apply to.

GCSE: 11 9's, 1 8
A Levels: History, Maths, Further Maths, Physics (predicted 4 A*)
Reply 2
Original post by JC21R
I did a few TSA papers and found it okay, but I still need to look at the HAT. I've also not started my personal statement yet, so I'll do that soon.

Not sure which college I'll apply to.

GCSE: 11 9's, 1 8
A Levels: History, Maths, Further Maths, Physics (predicted 4 A*)

Same here haha, I've found the HAT much more difficult
How did you guys find the TSA. I found it hard and thought the HAT was much more comfortable.
Original post by Anonymous
How did you guys find the TSA. I found it hard and thought the HAT was much more comfortable.

TSA was a cesspit, found the HAT a bit better. Wish I'd had a bit more time to develop points but oh well.
Did anyone get second interviews for History and Economics and if so, what college did you originally apply to and what college were you sent to for second interviews ?
Good luck to you all with results tomorrow morning! Remember that it's not all about the result but rather the journey... that being said if any of us do get offers let's let let each other know and get in contact!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending