The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings Clearing Accommodation

I received and accepted an offer from Kings to study medicine beginning September 2023 through clearing on the 28th July, as soon as I was able to access the accommodation portal I was told that they were all booked out and the first year accommodation guarantee doesn’t apply to clearing applicants!

Can anyone please advise on alternative accommodation suitable for a medical student ideally close to Guys Campus because I’m really struggling to find anything so close to the start date 😬😬
Congrats! Sorry I can't help but I just had a quick question - did you have your results before hand? Are you a grad/gap year?
Thanks (:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by BlackWidow09
Congrats! Sorry I can't help but I just had a quick question - did you have your results before hand? Are you a grad/gap year?
Thanks (:

Hello yes I am a grad hence having grades already :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by MiniMusicalGirl
I received and accepted an offer from Kings to study medicine beginning September 2023 through clearing on the 28th July, as soon as I was able to access the accommodation portal I was told that they were all booked out and the first year accommodation guarantee doesn’t apply to clearing applicants!

Can anyone please advise on alternative accommodation suitable for a medical student ideally close to Guys Campus because I’m really struggling to find anything so close to the start date 😬😬

Hello! I am in the same situation as you & will be studying Medicine too :smile: I'm really struggling as well to find accom, all the best :smile:
Original post by isasmatcha
Hello! I am in the same situation as you & will be studying Medicine too :smile: I'm really struggling as well to find accom, all the best :smile:

Excitingly I am all sorted now got offered GDSA and cannot wait to move it 😀
Reply 5
Excitingly I am all sorted now got offered GDSA and cannot wait to move it 😀

Hi, can I ask how you managed to do so? I registered for the King's Residences portal but they haven't sent me anything yet... do I just wait for them to send me the invitation email and try then? Could I contact them to ask them to send it more quickly?
Original post by isasmatcha
Hi, can I ask how you managed to do so? I registered for the King's Residences portal but they haven't sent me anything yet... do I just wait for them to send me the invitation email and try then? Could I contact them to ask them to send it more quickly?

I just kept checking the portal and a book room button appeared on Tuesday afternoon which I used to secure accommodation
Hey, can I ask what the process was with applying through clearing? Like did they interview you?
and did they ask for your ucat if so what was your ucat?
Did they ask if you have achieved these A-levels in the first sitting or resit?
Original post by flyingbunny.80
Hey, can I ask what the process was with applying through clearing? Like did they interview you?
and did they ask for your ucat if so what was your ucat?
Did they ask if you have achieved these A-levels in the first sitting or resit?

Hiya!
So I actually applied for medicine initially during my last year of Biomedical Science at Keele earlier this year but didn't get any offers hence going through clearing. I already had my degree classification in hand at the beginning of July when I applied for King's so didn't need to wait for any results days and about a week later was emailed offering me a virtual interview slot with two interviewers for 5 days later. I received my formal offer about a week after my interview but received plenty of communication in the interim.

My UCAT score was 2670 with band 1 SJT which was asked for in a separate email about 3 days after I sent off my initial clearing application form.

Let me know if you have any further questions! :smile:
Hiya!
So I actually applied for medicine initially during my last year of Biomedical Science at Keele earlier this year but didn't get any offers hence going through clearing. I already had my degree classification in hand at the beginning of July when I applied for King's so didn't need to wait for any results days and about a week later was emailed offering me a virtual interview slot with two interviewers for 5 days later. I received my formal offer about a week after my interview but received plenty of communication in the interim.

My UCAT score was 2670 with band 1 SJT which was asked for in a separate email about 3 days after I sent off my initial clearing application form.

Let me know if you have any further questions! :smile:

Hiya! I have an ensuite room at Atlas for 320pw. I am currently looking for someone to take over my contract :smile:

Please pm if you're interested

Quick Reply

Latest