The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Clearing

Hi,
I am a resit student who didnt get the grades again for pharmacy was one grade out of the offer I needed and was wondering if anyone got advice on what to do. I've applied to clearing for UCLAN and also had a talk with Sunderland and they're going to do an interview on tuesday but Idk if its worth going to a not so good university for the degree I want to do. Im worried about how they're going to teach us and whether ranks matter. Is it worth for me to resit that one subject and retry again for the 3rd time or if im lucky and get a place at either of the uni's continue there and not waste time?
Hi there, we're really pleased to hear you've submitted an application to study with us via Clearing!

I know it may feel a bit bittersweet when you were hoping to go to a different university, and I'm really sorry to read you were so close to the offer you needed. There's lots of different paths and more than one way to progress so it's completely your decision whether you would like to begin university this September at an alternative uni, or wait and try again.

If you haven't done already, would it be worthwhile visiting the different campus options in-person? We have Clearing Campus Tours running until the beginning of September, and Sunderland may be offering the same, which could help your decision process 😊

Another thing I would suggest looking into, is what life outside of the classroom will be like in your chosen universities? At UCLan, Pharmacy and Pharmacology is 1st in the North West for graduate prospects (outcomes and on-track). Complete University Guide 2024, but outside of studying, the UCLan Students' Union also has a really thriving selection of societies and sports clubs, that can make the transition into university life much smoother, with plenty of chances to meet friends and learn new skills!

We're obviously a little biased because we would love to welcome you to our campus if you're offered a place here, but whatever you decide, we hope you really enjoy progressing in your pharmacy career, wherever in the country that is!

Kind wishes ^ Daisy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending